Missing Watched Bases

Pro Member Trainee
Georgewk Trainee

Hi, the recent mandatory update left me with the option to reinstall.  Now addons in the community folder do not load in the sim.  Seems the sim is looking elsewhere for these files.  Used to use Watched Bases to find this location.  WB is gone!  I am stumped.  Please help get the addons back to work.  Thanks.  George.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello George,

It's unfortunate that you're facing issues with your addons after the recent update. I've encountered similar situations in the past and can understand the frustration. Allow me to walk you through a few steps that might help you resolve this issue.

1. First, ensure that the Community folder is in the correct location. The default path for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release) is:
    C:\Users<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_<RandomCharacters>\LocalCache\Packages\Community
    Replace <YourUsername> and <RandomCharacters> with the respective values on your system. If you have installed the simulator on a different drive or in a custom location, adjust the path accordingly.

2. Next, check the content.xml file located in the LocalCache folder:
    C:\Users<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_<RandomCharacters>\LocalCache\content.xml
    Open the file in a text editor like Notepad, and verify if the addons are listed there. If not, you might need to add the respective lines for each addon manually. For example:
    <Package name="your-addon-folder-name" active="true"/>

3. In case you're using a third-party addon manager, make sure it is updated to the latest version and pointing to the correct Community folder.
  4. If the above steps don't work, you might have to reinstall your addons. Before doing so, remember to backup your Community folder. Uninstall each addon, then reinstall them one by one. Pay close attention to any installation instructions provided by the addon developers.
  5. Lastly, if you're still facing issues, consider reaching out to the addon developers for support. They might have specific instructions or updates to make their addons compatible with the latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I hope these steps will help you get your addons back to work. Keep us updated on your progress, and feel free to ask for more assistance if needed. Good luck, and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...