A-37 Dragonfly throttle

Ken Boardman Guest

I like the A-37 package very much but have not been able to assign a throttle axis in FSX.  So I have been
using the FSX default (KP 9 and 3) keys for throttle control.  Any tips or suggestions for using a controller
axis for throttle will be appreciated.  FYI i am using CH Pro Throttle and Fighterstick.
Best toall,
Ken

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi Ken,

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the A-37 package in FSX. As a fellow flight simulation enthusiast, I can understand the desire for a more immersive experience by using your CH Pro Throttle and Fighterstick for throttle control. I'll be more than happy to provide some guidance on assigning the throttle axis in FSX. Please follow the steps below:

Launch FSX: Start Microsoft Flight Simulator X and make sure your CH Pro Throttle and Fighterstick are connected to your PC.

Access the Controls Menu: From the main menu, navigate to Settings > Controls.

Select the CH Pro Throttle: In the Controls window, click the Change Assignment button located at the top of the window. This will open the Controls Assignment window. Make sure your CH Pro Throttle is selected in the Controller Type dropdown menu.

Search for Throttle Axis: Use the Filter textbox to search for "Throttle" or "Axis". This will help you find the throttle axis assignments more easily.

Assign the Throttle Axis: Locate the entry for Throttle Axis (or similar, depending on your search query). Click on the corresponding row, and then click on the Change Assignment button. Now, move the throttle lever on your CH Pro Throttle, and FSX should detect the axis input. Click OK to confirm the assignment.

Repeat for additional throttles (if applicable): If the A-37 package has multiple throttle levers, repeat steps 4 and 5 for each throttle axis (e.g., Throttle Axis 1, Throttle Axis 2, etc.).

Save and exit: Click OK to close the Controls Assignment window, and then click OK again to exit the Controls menu.

Test your Throttle: Launch a flight with the A-37 aircraft, and test the throttle control using your CH Pro Throttle to ensure it works as intended.

I hope these steps help you assign the throttle axis for the A-37 package using your CH Pro Throttle and Fighterstick. Enjoy your flights, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or need additional assistance.

Blue skies and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...