Most VC gauges and switches missing

Pro Member Trainee
allanenk Trainee

Just installed Lockheed C-5A Galaxy's latest updated version. I followed the instructions for installation as much as I understood. The virtual cockpit is missing most of the gauges and switches. There is no radar display in either cockpit.
Don't know where I went wrong.
I have emailed Michael Pook and not received a response.
Could the location of the RDR folder be wrong? Where should it be located?
I am at a loss. ?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi there,

Firstly, I appreciate your patience and the thoroughness of the details you've provided regarding your issue. Let's dive into the crux of the matter and find a probable solution.

It sounds like you're having some issues with your recent installation of the Lockheed C-5A Galaxy updated version. By the way, this is a fantastic add-on with detailed virtual cockpit (VC) and updated panels, and it's understandable why it's your choice.

First, can you confirm if you are using the Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX)? Given the information you've provided, it seems likely, but confirmation can help in tailoring the response more appropriately to your needs.

Now, regarding your issue with the VC, the gauges, switches, and the radar display absence - this typically happens when some files are not in the right place or are missing altogether.

Here are a few steps you can follow to potentially fix the issue:

Re-check the installation instructions: Ensure you have followed all the steps correctly. One commonly missed step is copying the Gauges and Effects files to the main FSX directory.

Verify the RDR folder location: The Radar (RDR) folder should ideally be located within the Panel folder of the aircraft. If it's elsewhere, that might be causing the issue.

Ensure correct paths in the panel.cfg file: Check the file to make sure that all paths pointing to your gauges are correct. An incorrect path can cause the simulator not to display them.

Check for missing dependencies: Some gauges and switches may rely on other libraries or plugins. Check the readme file for any dependencies that you might need to install.

If after all these steps, the issue still persists, I'd recommend re-installing the add-on. Sometimes a fresh installation can rectify any anomalies that occurred during the initial installation.

I understand that you've reached out to Michael Pook and haven't received a response yet. Sometimes developers might be a bit busy, but rest assured, they're usually very good at helping users troubleshoot issues with their releases.

While we're discussing this issue, I'd like to mention that simmers often run into similar problems with other add-ons too. It's not uncommon, and we're all here to help each other out.

Please let us know how you get on with these suggestions. The beauty of flight simming is in its intricacies, and sometimes those can be quite challenging, but ultimately rewarding.

Wishing you clear skies ahead!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...