Resolving Floating Building Outlines and Missing Scenery in MSFS

When I click on "Ready to Fly" the aircraft is flying in a world without proper ground scenery, everything is blue and green and outlines of buildings appear to be floating in the air.  If I restart it returns to normal.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I understand your concern regarding the unusual scenery presentation in Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS). This scenario typically indicates an issue with data rendering or conflicts within the simulator. I'll guide you through a few troubleshooting steps to rectify this.

Firstly, let's address potential issues with the Data Connection services. These are crucial for the proper rendering of the world in MSFS:

1. Launch MSFS.
  2. Navigate to Options > General > Data.
  3. Toggle Online Functionality, Bing Data World Graphics, and Photogrammetry to "OFF".
  4. Click on Apply & Save.
  5. Then, re-enable these options and save the changes again.

Secondly, outdated or corrupted cache data can lead to such anomalies. Clearing the manual and rolling caches can often solve this:

1. In MSFS, go to Options > General.
  2. Under Data, find and select Delete Rolling Cache File.
  3. Confirm the deletion.
  4. Then navigate to Manual Cache, view the cached regions, and delete as necessary.

Also, conflicts with third-party scenery packs can disrupt the default scenery. If you've installed any such packs or Google Mods, consider disabling them temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.

• Consider disabling third-party scenery packs.
  • If using Google Mods, restore Bing Maps and undo any modifications.

Lastly, ensure your internet connection is stable and fast enough for streaming photogrammetry data, which MSFS heavily relies on. A minimum bandwidth of 50 Mbps is advisable. If you're on Wi-Fi, consider switching to a wired or LTE connection for stability. Using the Manual Cache feature to preload zones can also be beneficial.

• Check your internet speed and stability.
  • Consider using a wired or LTE connection.
  • Preload zones using Manual Cache.

Remember, these suggestions are based on common issues faced by users and the solutions that often work. However, if the problem persists, don't hesitate to ask for more specific guidance. We're here to help!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...