FS9 not starting

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I have tried to start it about 10 times and the error mesage comes saying it has encountered a problem.I defraged the PC so maby that caused it.

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

ranald,

Can you please furnish some statistics about your CPU? Ram, HD space, etc...? That may help some. Also, your O/S and version. Settings can be corrected by software but if you need hardware that will be a build of some sort. Defrag probably won't help much after restarting the game 10 times. My machine shutdown when I started the game. I have Windows XP Pro w/SP2, 1 GB of ram, 30 GB hard drive, 250 GB for storage of mp3s, pictures, etc..., ATI Radeon X 800 Pro w/256 mb of DDR3 ram onboard, Pentium 4 2.66 GhZ. Which the game is on and partitioned just to accomidate FS9. That way you have nothing interfering with the game sucha s Zone Alarm Pro or antivirus programs.

Hope this helps.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Also did you load anything new, SP2 or any other update.
Do you have DirectX 9.0c.

Last option, delete the CFG and let it build a new one.
For Windows XP users the fs9.cfg file is now located in Drive_Letter:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9. This is a hidden folder by default so you need to modify the folder options via the control panel: go to the view tab and check the "Show hidden files and folders" option

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Pitt Trainee

ranald wrote:

I have tried to start it about 10 times and the error mesage comes saying it has encountered a problem.I defraged the PC so maby that caused it.

Download fs 2004 no cd crack.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

My PC specs are:

P42.6GHZ/512DDR/120GIG/GeForce 6600GT 128MB

RM I do have DirectX 9.0c. and I am not sure what you mean by delete the CFG and let it build a new one.That sounds like a long and riscy process.I have SP2 but I loaded it of a disc a long time ago.

Pitt I d/loaded the crack a long time ago and it has worked fine.
Should I d/load the 9.1 patch from MS?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Somethings gone wrong,possibly with the config.Follow Radarmans advice and let fs rebuild it

I would'nt upgrade fs untill you get it running again,and then d/load the newer nocd crack

Just make sure nothing has decided to run in the background and is eating all your resourses(Ctrl +Delete +Alt)

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Do you have DirectX 9.0c.

RM, you keep asking this...does it mean that its a problem or that you should have it. I have 9.0c and have no problems.

Just not quite clear what you mean, sorry.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Barge,
Sorry that I didn't make myself clear.
You should have it. Without the latest (although it will work with 9.0b), 9.0c is the first thing to install (or reinstall) if you are having problems with launching the sim.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I am reinstalling 9.0c but when the d/load is fineshed it sias please type the location were you want to place th extracted files.Were do I put it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What choices do they give you.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I have reinstalled the sim agian becouse nothing else would work but now I have to spend a long time installin all my d/loads agian Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Does it work now.
I hope it is, if all it took was a reinstall then the FS9 CFG deletion might have done the job. Good luck and now you can enjoy again.
Next time (I hope there isn't one) take your aircraft, gauge and effects folders out before you reinstall. Then all you have to drop them in, overwrite and you don't have to reinstall all of the add-on aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Yes it works fine agian 😀 Thanks for the help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Glad to hear that!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...