Landing gear, sinking in runway, landing realism etc.

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I have received quite a few emails and messages from simmers with landing gear problems (Contact points) . E.g. Wheels sinking in runway upon touchdown, aircraft leaning to one side, Wheel smoke, Appearance of wheels floating in the air, Lack of nose wheel steering authority, lack of differential braking authority, And others.

If anyone needs help with this, I'll help you. It is quite an easy fix.

Regards!!
😀 😀 😀

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Suds Trainee

Sometimes my aircraft bounce even when parked. Sometimes it's so bad that it leaves skid marks and creates quite a bit of smoke. Seems to happen most when changing views. Do you have a fix for this?

Thanks,
Suds

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

My aircraft jump at the ground (taxiway, gate...) and it happens when I change de view too.
Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

There is another thread addressing 'aircraft bouncing' on the ramp etc. I recently asked if there was a fix to it that someone has come up with.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1943/aicraft-bounce/

Check it out. Since then, I have been able to illiminate the bouncing that has been occuring with my aircraft.
I did this by slightly altering the contact points in the individual aircraft's config file.
What is happening is that some runway/ramp surfaces are uneven. That is, the computer is telling the airport surfaces that they are lower/higher than what the aircraft 'thinks' they are!!! Anyway, what this amounts to be is the aircraft is slightly 'hovering over the surfaces in some spots. It is like lifting the aircraft and dropping it. In essence, the computer is confused as to where the aircrafts wheels are as to where the airport surface is.
The way to 'fix it' is to lower/raise the aircraft's wheels a little. You can do this by adjusting the height of the landing gear/wheels in the contact points.
It is not a 'Fix all'. It depends on the SPECIFIC aircraft, its weight, the airport and and and. BUT If you like to fly out of only some airports,, mainly. 'It is a good as it gets' fix.
I am going to begin a thread on [contact_points] Soon!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

Meassage me or what ever and I will help you with your plane. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Hey Suds,
Did Bob K update the team's aircraft. Very cool! 🍻

Pro Member Trainee
Suds Trainee

michlin wrote:

Hey Suds,
Did Bob K update the team's aircraft. Very cool!

Just a little fictional repaint I did of the PSS Concorde. The one you see now is actually an updated version. Just uploaded a pic to the gallery if you want a closer look.
Are you a fan? I've had season tix for about 13 years.

Suds

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Yes I am a fan. An old Mass. boy. Go Pats! Punk

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I have started a thread called- Contact points, explained and some fixes.
It is in this topic of the forum (General) 😳

Adam Simpson Guest

so my landing gear had a suspension issue where it would not take in account of the weight of the aircraft when landing and would be static. but i fixed that now. however when i did that fix, my landing gear does this thing where it bounces slightly up and down (wing gears) like a very slight noticeable bouncing and if i go fast/take off, my landing gear tend to sink in the ground but when static (not moving/ very slow movement) they do not sink in the ground. and my nose gear would do similar. how would i fix this?

Simxn Guest

So I land the PMDG 737-700 and I look at the replay to see the landing and I see that the landing gear sinks into the ground. No smoke comes out of the gears too. Note that I play Microsoft flight simulator 2020

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...