Video Delemma

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

I have been making some rather large video files of my FS9 Adventures and they really look great!

Now what do i do with them? Embarassed

My ISP has given me enough webspace for 1 of my smallest videos (24.33 megs) the big ones are 70-100 megs each. (640x480x10 minutes)

I would like to share them with others and with members of this site but I have no room.

Any Ideas? I have checked out web storage sites but they are not for general public access.

Any help would be appreciated.

Does this site allow video files to be uploaded to be made available for members?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Rick Lee Guest

Hi Megafoot,

until someone comes up with something better, have you read this one ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/5700/video/

Good to see you keeping busy - really wanna watch your videos!

Regards, Rick

Pro Member First Officer

I went to tradebit.com and got 5gb of online space. no traffic limit! its $10/mo but what the heck. i can also show off pictures and videos of my grandkids to private family as well. I will drop a link for the videos as soon as i iron out all the details.

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

go to www.yousendit.com and put your email into the e-mail for it to be sent to, then post the link whereever you want people to be able to d/l the video 😀

Pro Member First Officer

Ok my first test video is now available here:

http://megafoot.tradebit.com/groupfiles.php/38

please let me know what you think of it. its kinda raw (no titles or anything)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I watched both of your movies, a feat for me, a man with little patience.
The first could use a little cutting in the beginning but the rest is fine, very fine.

The second is beautiful, restful and should be left alone. The music is perfect for it.
You have done a masterful job and I congratulate you.
I gave them both top votes.

Thank you for the treat!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

You are absolutely right about Flite Video 001. Its heading to the editing room now

Thanks very much for your kind words 🙂

First, I'm sure you meant GB, not MB. Secondly, put them on DVD so you can show in your living room. I personally would like to see, but I'm not joining, hust to watch. Good Luck, rob

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

It is telling me to log-in to be able to view the page.

Also, what video editing program are you using?

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

I use Sonic's My DVD, but there are any number of programs out there. Do a google search on making DVD videos...Good Luck, rob

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Oops! I nearly missed this

Nice video 👏

FL050 If you have XP the video edit program is very good

tradebit Guest

hi folks,

i have NO interest in flying, besides flying into holidays 🙂, but it is nice to have you folks hosting with us! I watched bigfoot's movies on one machine, especially the music was nice, the rest I can not rate... last time I used a flight sim was on the amiga... which was quite fun, though!

cheers,
tradebit (aka puzzler)

Pro Member First Officer

WOW! cool!

I now have 4 movies and a screenshot posted at tradebit.

http://megafoot.tradebit.com/files.php/2001

you dont need to log on to the site but it is kinda hard to see the choices on the left side of the site.

here is a list of my hardware/software it works really really swell for FS and i get up to 70fps most of the time, with the recorder (Fraps) running it rarely drops below 35fps and thats when im in 1600x1200 32bit.

Abit A-8 Motherboard, hyperthreading,775 socket 3.8ghz p4 liquid cooling. 2GB 4200 ddr2 ram, SATA Raid (4x 120gb WD 7200rpm drives in 2 raid bundles) , PCIexpress holding a Prolink nVIDIA GeForce 6600 Ultimate 256MB running 1600x1200 32bit on a 19"CRT.

Winxp pro/FS9.1 MegaScenery N. California and Pacific Northwest. Active Camera Fraps, Windows movie maker, Frameshots.

I hope you'all dont think I'm boasting, that is not my intention, i merely list this stuff to show you what it takes to make my movies.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...