The pods under the wings

Pod Boy Guest

I have a long running argument with a person about the 'pod' looking things under the wings of the A380 (and other commercial jets). What i am talking about are the 5 or so 'pod' looking things that sit under each wing. I suspect that they encase hydraulics.

Anyone?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I believe they encase the motors for the flaps and slats. In that case so they are aerodynamic 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Jon pretty much hit it. They are a part of the engine system that help run the flaps, slats, spoilers, and the rest of the systems in the wings.

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

They also house the hinges associated with flap deployment. They could also theoreticaly help the airflow under the wings, not unlike flow fences.

Pod Boy Guest

Thanks for your help guys!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...