Real pilot..

HI
some time ago, playing futbol I did break a timpanum .The Dr. said that it was not serius and that the only consequence that would remain will be a tiny scar, and that the audition should not be affected at all .There is some real pilot that really knows if this scar could influence negatively the results of a medical exam ??

thank you

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Don Wood Guest

This is a case where the english I use and the english you use are different enough to be a barrier to communication. I do not understand the phrase " ... and the audition should not be effected at all".

My advice would be to consult a doctor who is certified in your country to do official flight medical examinations. If you have something similar to the Aircraft Owners and Pilot's Association in your country, they may also be able to provide advice.

Unless there is a flight physician from your country on this board, I don't think you can rely on any answer you may receive here addressing medical issues.

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

... and what is a timpanum?

tympanum...

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Tympanum: In anatomy, the drum of the ear, the eardrum, the tympanic membrane. The tympanum resembles the head of a tiny drum. It separates the middle ear from the external ear.

😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Hey TTT, are you going to continue on flying? I remember when you made that video of you flying. Again, it was good.

Somebody knows the answer for my question?
thanks

Don Wood:

... and the audition should not be ( A )ffected at all

sorry

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

mypilot wrote:

Hey TTT, are you going to continue on flying? I remember when you made that video of you flying. Again, it was good.

Not for a while Crying or Very sad

A very large vet bill to square Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

But off to grab some sunshine in a weeks time 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Your best bet is to schedule an appointment with the medical examiner and ask him questions about it.

I am a real world pilot and my assumption is that you will be able to get a 3rd Class Medical easily which will certify for you to get a Private Pilot up to Commerical, I think. You will probably not be able to get a 1st Class Medical, which is only for flying airlines and Air Transport Pilot.

Don Wood Guest

I'm still not sure what "audition" means in this context.

Contrary to the previous post, a third class medical will not serve for Commercial Pilot privileges, at least in the US.

Third Class = Private Pilot
Second Class = Commercial Pilot
First Class = Air Transport Pilot

You can have a commercial license with only a third class medical but you cannot exercise any of the privileges of a commercial license above what is permitted by the private license (i.e. no flying for hire, etc.) unless you have at least a second class medical certificate.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Don Wood wrote:

I'm still not sure what "audition" means in this context.

He might mean hearing instead of "audition". Anyway, it wasn't that hard to understand his post and that sentence.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Don Wood wrote:

Contrary to the previous post, a third class medical will not serve for Commercial Pilot privileges, at least in the US.

Third Class = Private Pilot
Second Class = Commercial Pilot
First Class = Air Transport Pilot

I believe they've scrapped the second class medical, at least the JAA have. It is just first and third class now.

Don Wood Guest

In the US, they have not scrapped the second class medical. I just verified with the faa.gov website that the certificates are as I described them in my previous post.

With 100% of audition, but only whit one scar I can’t take the 1st class medical?

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

If your hearing is not affected by the scar, you should have no trouble getting your medical, 3rd,or 1st class.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...