Problem please help

Lm Guest

Ive just got a new PC and bought Fligh sim 2004 with it, bu when i play about 10 minutes in it just restarts my computer i think my specs are fine:
1gb DDR ram
3.20GHZ
250gb

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Andrew (n287s) Trainee

hmm weird. it kind of sounds like a virus or some type of trojan or spyware. what kind of virus protection do you have? if you have norton antivirus or another virus scanner run a full scan.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It can be what he said.

Tell us about your video card.

It sounds to me like the computer is overheating, very common.

The easiest way to find out is to remove the side from the case, point a desk fan at it and launch the flight sim.
If it doesn't crash you have a heat problem.
It's either too much dust in the fans, especially the CPU, or another fan should be added in the rear of the computer, very easy to do and very inexpensive $8-20 depending where you buy it.

Let us know how you do and keep that case clean.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Pitt Trainee

Lm wrote:

Ive just got a new PC and bought Fligh sim 2004 with it, bu when i play about 10 minutes in it just restarts my computer i think my specs are fine:
1gb DDR ram
3.20GHZ
250gb

Hmm what graphic card are you using my fs2004 works perfect in my 512mb ram, 2.8ghz 120gb hd, radeon 9800 pro & its so alsome, did you install in defult?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

It can be what he said.

Tell us about your video card.

It sounds to me like the computer is overheating, very common.

The easiest way to find out is to remove the side from the case, point a desk fan at it and launch the flight sim.
If it doesn't crash you have a heat problem.
It's either too much dust in the fans, especially the CPU, or another fan should be added in the rear of the computer, very easy to do and very inexpensive $8-20 depending where you buy it.

Let us know how you do and keep that case clean.

Radar

I agree with RadarMan Yes

Lots of people have had exactly the same problem as you and found it has worked with fine with better air circulation

LM Guest

ok thanks for the advice guys ive put a household fan on the computer to see if that helps tyanks

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...