Major help! - Load problem

Knives Guest

Alright, I'll try to explain my load situation a little bit. I've purchased this game a few days ago and it's been giving me the most trouble out of ANY game. The first time I ran it, the thing looked like it was in software mode (due to the look of the menu) and I couldnt change the tabs in the display settings, (cause there were none). This morning I looked around these forums and it was due to my stupid WindowsBlinds program. After that, I got the 3d back. Now the game doesnt load past 69% where it says adjusting scenery objects. This happens with, and without the patch. I've reinstalled about 5 times. Can anyone help me with this problem?
Comp Specs:
Video Card: Geforce 6800
CPU: Athlon XP 2600+
Ram: 768 mb
Motherboard: Abit NF7 2.0

Thank you in advanced

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Knives,

What O/S are you using? What game are you loading? Have you tried going into safe mode if you are using Windows XX?

whoops, I forgot to mention

Windows XP - SP2
And im trying to load Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Open this program, reboot and use the program then try to load the sim.
If you continue to have problems load it in safe mode and come back to let us know how you are doing.
You may have too many programs running in the background.

You can sign up here (Avsim) free,
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2948/fsautostart-v11/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Windows Blinds seems to cause a lot of problems Evil or Very Mad

Did you uninstall via add/remove programs?

OK So Fs is loading and you can create or select a flight? then it stops durring the load process

Are you using the nocd crack?(If not,try it)
Have you installed any extra scenery or aircraft?(if so uninstall)

You will have the latest drivers for your gfx card so that should not be the problem(should run nice on your set up)

Knives Guest

Thanks for all the help so far.
I tried the program that was attached and that did not help. It still just totally stops at 68%, Adjusting Scenery Objects, and I just end the process. Everything is going fine and you hear some computer action, and when it hits that spot, it seems like the computer went idle. There is no hard drive sound.
Yes, I do the create/select flight and it stops during load.
I am using the no-cd crack and do not use any scenery/extra aircrafts ( I just got the game so I dont even want to experiment with that stuff yet). Any help is appreciated as always.

Knives Guest

Thanks for all the help so far.
I tried the program that was attached and that did not help. It still just totally stops at 68%, Adjusting Scenery Objects, and I just end the process. Everything is going fine and you hear some computer action, and when it hits that spot, it seems like the computer went idle. There is no hard drive sound.
Yes, I do the create/select flight and it stops during load.
I am using the no-cd crack and do not use any scenery/extra aircrafts ( I just got the game so I dont even want to experiment with that stuff yet). Any help is appreciated as always. Oh yes, Freezes at the same spot for safe mode also.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There are two no-cd cracks.
One is for the sim right out of the box (9.0) and the other is for the patched version (9.1), be sure that you are using the right one.

Radar

Knives Guest

yes, I am using the correct version. I'm going to try a complete reinstall and will post the results here so we have a fresh start to begin with.

Knives Guest

Alright, im back. There was no luck with the reinstall. I still have the same game stalling problem at adjusting scenery objects, 68% in. Does anyone else have any ideas what this could be? It's definitly a software problem

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... I seem to remember this happening a long time ago and I think it was fixed by deleting the fs9config file and restarting fs so that it rewrites it
Perhaps this may jog someones memory? Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Knives,

Try uninstalling everything through either Control Panel Add and delete programs, or through the uninstall of FS9. Either will work. Then reboot. Then go into your hard disk drive then program files then to where FS 9 was installed and delete that folder too. If you are comfortable to go into the registery delete the keyes one at a t time in your resgistery if not do not panic you do not have to go into the registery just delete it out of your hard disk drive or whereever you have installed FS9. Then when you reboot hold down the F8 key and select SAFE MODE. This take alittle bit longer to boot to this interface but it seems as though a program or programs are interfearing with your install. You will not have a internet connection in this interface, that is ok you do not need it at this point. You can also go into MSCONFIG and boot clean by unloading programs that may be interfearing with your install such as Zonee Alarm, Norton Anti Virus, etc...

I hope that this helps you,

Knives Guest

I dont have that many programs and processes running when I start the game [ around 31] and I have singled out the process. If you have the program wscntfy.exe running, It will lock up at that point. Thanks for trying to help everyone. I really appreciate it. I was using a gamepad to play this game but it wasnt that fun. (maybe that and I just jumped into trying to fly a plane and made it from New Orleans to Houston and spent 30 minutes bumping around trying to taxi -_-Wink Here' is some info on that process. Do you guys have it running at the same time you play? It looks like a standard SP2 program that auto runs.

Program: wscntfy.exe
File Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-215😎
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
File Description: Windows Security Center Notification App
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Comments: N/A

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thank you for letting us know how it worked out.

As soon as I saw it I knew it was from that damn SP2, no I don't have it because I never installed SP2.
I keep my firewall up and don't need MS to do it for me.

Here is more information. Too bad you can't shut it down.

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/wscntfy.exe.html

I'm very pleased that you have it flying now.
Get a joystick with a twist handle and enjoy the flight.

If you have the $ take a look at X52. It's their latest one.
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/pcgc.htm

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

It seems as if you have windows update running you can update windows yourself. I know when I shut it down all of my problems went away. Also, like Radarman said. GET A JOYSTICK...!!!

BUNSIN BURNER Guest

Knives wrote:

Alright, im back. There was no luck with the reinstall. I still have the same game stalling problem at adjusting scenery objects, 68% in. Does anyone else have any ideas what this could be? It's definitly a software problem

t
TRY RETURNING TO THE STORE WHERE YOU BOUGHT IT AND EXCHANGE IT FOR A NEW ONE. IT MIGHT BE THE DISK ITSELF.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

As soon as I saw it I knew it was from that damn SP2, no I don't have it because I never installed SP2.
I keep my firewall up and don't need MS to do it for me.

So true, I feel the same way. I have this handled, and IMO the patch is aimed at those who are not willing to do a bit of investigation and take care of their own PC security issues. In no way do I mean that those running SP2 are in the wrong, because if you've done your homework and decided to go that way then fine. I'm only upset at the posture some of these giants like MS have taken, as it's resulted in an expectation that "daddy will handle everything for me, so I don't have to think about it."

Stepping off my soapbox now,
--Rick (Proud SP1 user, lol)

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

That's why I use Firefox and Thunderbird.

I despise MS software...with the exception of FS9.

Explorer is so horribly targeted for it's security issues. I run a corporate edition of Macafee and have a router et up to act as a firewall for all the computers on my network at home.

SP2 is more of a pain than anything else. I have absolutely no intention of putting it on my system. I reformat my hard-drive once a year anyway in order to reload the OS so that it runs effectively.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...