Flightsim 2006?

Pro Member Trainee
MaXimusMyth Trainee

Greetings,

I may be missing something, but is there any information out there regarding the next installment of flightsim...in terms of anything? (featured aircraft, release date etc.). The only fact that I'm aware of, is that it will certainly be a larger load to handle for computer systems, meaning that I'de best be working on acquiring some stronger hardware, given that my unit has a little trouble even running FS9.

Max

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

It will be released it the summer of 2006. You probly will want 2 GB of memory to run it.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

SamIntel wrote:

It will be released it the summer of 2006. You probly will want 2 GB of memory to run it.

It "will" be released summer '06? Where's the MS announcement?

Bah.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

SoCalRick wrote:

SamIntel wrote:

It "will" be released summer '06? Where's the MS announcement?

Bah.

Remember this?
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/6467/no-new-fs-this-year-says-microsoft/

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

No new FS this year
26 May 2005

Official rumours!

Almost from the horse's mouth, we met with those that know in LA at E3 and it is now clear that Microsoft plan the next release of their de-facto Flight Simulator during the summer of 2006. So no panic please, a new version is not about to launch - which gives all flight sim fans plenty of time to enjoy the latest incarnation (FS2004) before the new version ships. Fear not, we will keep you all informed as to the developments of the new version, as and when Microsoft actually make their intentions clear

Here it is.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's probably correct but when an hearsay announcement from a site starts with "almost" I can't put too much stock in it. Dont Know

I'll wait for an official announcement from MS as to when it'll be out.

Radar

I have a feeling that they are going to skip 2006, and in 2007, they will release FS2008(FS10).......

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I have a feeling that they are going to skip 2006, and in 2007, they will release FS2008(FS10).......

oops, forgot to login

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...