POSKY 747-400 terminal sink rate

Anon Guest

How do,

Had a very weird experience last night whilst flying my POSkY 747 out of Barcelona to LHR. I was just about to reach my nominated cruise altitude of FL30 when i got a master caustion light (yellow if i recall correctly) and a warning of sink rate. The wierd thing was i was nose up at an indicated 230kts and +1500VS.

Nothing i did could recover the aircraft, so the 747 was lost somewhere in the north pyrennees 😞

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

Bummer?!?!?! How many VPassengers perished? I am sure the VFAA wil do a full investigation.

😳

AstroSteve

crosscheck9 Guest

My opinion -- I think 230 IAS is not enough. It should have been somewhere around 270. That's how it usually is for me. There might, however, be another reason which I am not aware of.

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

I have had experiences simular to your with smaller GA craft. I was able to get around the problem by reducing the vertical (VS +1500) at higher altitudes. May be somebody wiser has a better explination. I guess in a way crosscheck9 is saying the same thing the speed would increas as you reduced the climb.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...