Stopping the plane....

Pro Member Trainee
CoasterXtreme Trainee

Two times this happened where I was landing and i was trying to slow the plane down with reverse thrust and i notied them opening back then closing then opening back and then closing i usually hold F2 for a few seconds and it puts reverse thrust on. I checked to make sure i didn't have the throttle on at all and it was off complete so why isn't my reverse thrust working?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Guest Ed Guest

You have to hold F2 for a few seconds for thrust reverse to stay on. That's the way it's supposed to work.

Ed

Pro Member Trainee
CoasterXtreme Trainee

Yea i did that and it used to work but now i it doesn't work anymore it starts putting reverse thrust on but then it goes off.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

I assume that you are touching down smoothly and without 'bouncing' on the runway, as that can cause the engines to reverse, go back to idle, and so on.

How fast are you landing, and at what rate of descent, as that will cause your aircraft to bounce.

Thanks,
Jarred. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
CoasterXtreme Trainee

I just started a new flight and tried holding down F2 and i made a video of what happens so you can see how it is behaving:

http://solarcoasters.tripod.com/ReverseThrustProblem.WMV

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

do you have a wireless keyboard?

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Insight,

I have wireless keyboard and mouse and have had no problems with them. I know batteries have to be fresh and clear all obstructions for them to work. But no problems.

Regards,

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

hmm..

do u have a normal keyboard to hand to just try it with?

I have known wireless keyboards do funny things or be interfered with despite a strong signal something can distort it..

just a hunch, i could be completely wrong but I reckon its worth checking

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

something else you could try as an experiment is binding reverse thrust toi your joystick if it isn't wireless and see if the problem still occurs

damon80 Guest

Seeing as F2 needs to be kept pressed down, could it not be something to do with the key repeat speed setting within Windows?

Try checking Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Keyboard

And see if decreasing the Repeat Delay and increasing the Repeat Rate does the job???

Pro Member Trainee
CoasterXtreme Trainee

I tested it out on a plane that came with the game and it works just fine. But on any of my downloaded planes it has trouble why is that?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Try going and re-calibrating the joystick, sometimes that helps.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...