Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Wilco A380

leachus2002
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:03 pm 

Hey,

Just been checking out the Wilco A380.

Can anyone recommend this product either by owning it or reading reviews on it?

Thanks
Leachus
Bindolaf
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:29 pm 

All the reviews I've seen can be summed up as "do NOT buy it unless you really really really must must have an A380 with some eye candy and lots of bugs and have the money to throw away"

Research it yourself though.
"Remember son, knowing your way around the simulator does not mean you can fly".
Micah
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:58 pm 

Bindolaf wrote:
All the reviews I've seen can be summed up as "do NOT buy it unless you really really really must must have an A380 with some eye candy and lots of bugs and have the money to throw away"

Research it yourself though.

sounds like such a reccommendation!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Micah
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:16 am 

If you must have an A380 even before a decent payware one is released, I understand that because I have similar tendencies.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=finnair_a380-800_%28v3.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search
This one is a package and comes with a self-installer. I have it and am perfectly happy with it.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=a380_800_2005a.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search
I've just found this most recent addition. Complete package but as far as I can tell no self-installer.

You will notice that both examples use Robert Versluys' Model. I mention this, because in my opinion it is still the best freeware model to date. It handles as well as any default fs9 a/c.

If you're looking for smaller downloads, check out this link Arrow http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=a380&FileName=&Author=dirk+kiefer&CatID=fs2004acrp

These ones you have to install manually - but they're really easy. Obviously with the file sizes being so small - the sounds and panels are aliased to stock fs9 a/c... but that's not a problem. You can fly them just the way they are or add a different panel or sounds to your liking.

That last link I gave you contains many beautiful repaints by Dirk Kiefer - just make sure you stick to the Robert Versluys Model.

I'd be interested in your opininon Umm...

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:15 am 

Is there any plans for a decent A380 payware release?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:01 pm 

I would wait for someday in the future PSS or PMGD.
leachus2002
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:49 pm 

Thanks for all of the replys peeps, good job I didn't go ahead and buy it.

Just one thing, I like the way the Wilco one intergrates all of the GPS etc into the views and consoles without leaving the screen. Does the AVSIM A380 do this?

Thanks
Leachus
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:53 pm 

The simplest way to find out is by clicking on the links (you could also read what I had to say about each individual link) and do a ZipDive. If that doesn't tell you what you want to know, maybe you can squeeze out a little extra time of your busy agenda and just download the two packages and have a look for yourself.
If you don't like what you see on your panel, there are hundreds available that you can experiment with.
If all that's too much for you, you'll just have to wait for the perfect payware one, spend your money and never get the bird off the ground.

Then of course, you still have the alternative of founding your own VA.

Good luck Hack
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:35 am 

Leachus,

I just want you to know that I am not trying to discourage you in any way. I was merely trying to save you some frustrations and then quit on something that can be very rewarding.
What I'm trying to say without wanting to be patronizing - take a step at a time Very Happy

Are you ready for this yet?? Arrow https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10305/help-with-pilot-in-command-737/ Read Doh! Wall Bashing