Wilco A380

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hey,

Just been checking out the Wilco A380.

Can anyone recommend this product either by owning it or reading reviews on it?

Thanks
Leachus

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

All the reviews I've seen can be summed up as "do NOT buy it unless you really really really must must have an A380 with some eye candy and lots of bugs and have the money to throw away"

Research it yourself though.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Bindolaf wrote:

All the reviews I've seen can be summed up as "do NOT buy it unless you really really really must must have an A380 with some eye candy and lots of bugs and have the money to throw away"

Research it yourself though.

sounds like such a reccommendation!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Micah

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If you must have an A380 even before a decent payware one is released, I understand that because I have similar tendencies.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=finnair_a380-800_%28v3.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search
This one is a package and comes with a self-installer. I have it and am perfectly happy with it.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=a380_800_2005a.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search
I've just found this most recent addition. Complete package but as far as I can tell no self-installer.

You will notice that both examples use Robert Versluys' Model. I mention this, because in my opinion it is still the best freeware model to date. It handles as well as any default fs9 a/c.

If you're looking for smaller downloads, check out this link ➡ http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=a380&FileName=&Author=dirk+kiefer&CatID=fs2004acrp

These ones you have to install manually - but they're really easy. Obviously with the file sizes being so small - the sounds and panels are aliased to stock fs9 a/c... but that's not a problem. You can fly them just the way they are or add a different panel or sounds to your liking.

That last link I gave you contains many beautiful repaints by Dirk Kiefer - just make sure you stick to the Robert Versluys Model.

I'd be interested in your opininon Umm...

Is there any plans for a decent A380 payware release?

Guest Guest

I would wait for someday in the future PSS or PMGD.

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Thanks for all of the replys peeps, good job I didn't go ahead and buy it.

Just one thing, I like the way the Wilco one intergrates all of the GPS etc into the views and consoles without leaving the screen. Does the AVSIM A380 do this?

Thanks
Leachus

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The simplest way to find out is by clicking on the links (you could also read what I had to say about each individual link) and do a ZipDive. If that doesn't tell you what you want to know, maybe you can squeeze out a little extra time of your busy agenda and just download the two packages and have a look for yourself.
If you don't like what you see on your panel, there are hundreds available that you can experiment with.
If all that's too much for you, you'll just have to wait for the perfect payware one, spend your money and never get the bird off the ground.

Then of course, you still have the alternative of founding your own VA.

Good luck Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Leachus,

I just want you to know that I am not trying to discourage you in any way. I was merely trying to save you some frustrations and then quit on something that can be very rewarding.
What I'm trying to say without wanting to be patronizing - take a step at a time 😀

Are you ready for this yet?? ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10305/help-with-pilot-in-command-737/ Read Doh! Wall Bashing

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...