I need/have a question about scenery.

I was woundering, Im a beginner in all this. But is there a way to have Scenery so real its unbelivable, So it looks 100%, How it does if you would go there?.

That might sound like a odd question.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

ya know, you really have to look around. it depends on the scenery. I have one recommendation though....
http://simviation.com/fs2004scenery70.htm

Its the scenery second from last,"Bacolod Super Scenery"
Also check http://simviation.com/fs2004scenery76.htm They have really good scenery.

Thanks alot, Does it matter what state you live in?.

Or does it upgrad the "Scenery" in each state and airport in Fs2004.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I was woundering, Im a beginner in all this. But is there a way to have Scenery so real its unbelivable, So it looks 100%, How it does if you would go there?.

That might sound like a odd question.

Its a litle odd as a question (at least at the moment)but the development in graphics performance already has gave us some very good results.

I dont think that we will never touch reality to 100% but i think that we will go close to it...My opinion of course. 😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Guest, I think what you are after is some photoreal if you want as close as possible to 100% realism.

Photoreal is basically a real life satelittle or aerial photograph placed in the accurate position in the simulator to give ultimate realism, hence the name.

The file size for these files are quite large depending on the area they cover and for that reason, usually only display a same summer day time texture all year round, both day and night.

To compliment photoreal textures, a good terrain addon would be STRM Mesh which is real life data collected by the NASA space shuttle and has been compiled into the sim. The file sizes on these depend on how accurate you want it (loose or sharp) and come in a variety of resolutions measured in Metres. The Lower the metre, the higher the quality!

Check out this post for a good demonstration for the scenery combination mentioned above, which includes some screenshots I took and a link to a free download: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11611/heres-some-ex-payware-now-freeware-scenery/

Cheers

Thanks guys, Thats amazing.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...