Failures won't fail

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Please help me the failure feature in my flight sim 2004 won't work any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Are you just using the standard FS9, without FSPassengers?

If you are just using standard FS without FSPassengers, and you have gone to the failure menu and set up a failure within a time limit that you have specified then you should see the failure occur.

Make sure you have set a time limit and that you have actually engaged the failuer properly. I hope that doesn't sound silly or patronising, but it can happen to anyone. Other than the above, I don't know what to suggest Dont Know

Good luck 👍

Chris S Guest

Standard FS2004 and I cannot get failures to work. I have tried a lot of different combos, different aircraft, and they simply do not happen.

I've read the help section on failures very thouroughly and followed the instructions but cannot get a single failure to work under immidiate, timed, or random dialogues.

Help please.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Just a thought. Try increasing your Realism settings. 🙂

Chris S Guest

Thanks CRJ.

I did that and still had no luck. However I could get failures working from inside the sim (while flying) using the alt-menu-aircraft-failures dialogue while flying.

I still cannot get a failure to arm properly using the pre-flight failures menu.

I'll keep trying. Judging from the replies here it looks like I might be all alone with "spitfiresrule."

And for the record, its Thunderbolts that rule, not spits 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I just tried my program and I got the same results as you, Chris. I think that it's a bug in the program. I've always set the failures from within the flight so I've never noticed it before. The Item that you want to fail seems to show up but the number in the failure box reverts to zero thus no failures. 😕

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

get fspassengers and then you will have some great failures!!

Micah

Chris S Guest

CRJCapt wrote:

I just tried my program and I got the same results as you, Chris. I think that it's a bug in the program. I've always set the failures from within the flight so I've never noticed it before. The Item that you want to fail seems to show up but the number in the failure box reverts to zero thus no failures. 😕

So I am not insane 🙂

Well..even if I am that may be beside the point eh?

Thanks CRJ!

I'm using FS2004 to write training scenarios for a local CAP (Civil Air Patrol) group and I wanted to introduce failures a bit more covertly and leaning over them and failing the systems. Oh well.

One thing I did learn is that in the keyboard assignments dialogue there are a lof of critical failures listed that are not bound to a key press. These are going to prove very useful to my project, thought I'd pass that on in the light of giving back.

Thanks guys~

-Chris

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

spitfiresrule wrote:

Please help me the failure feature in my flight sim 2004 won't work any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

Here's a 'possible' alternative:

ABL adventure which cause engine failure. It will occur randomly between 1s to 29min after takeoff.
!Only for Airliners!

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1B7FFBZ81JGA22806X9YS4DQ6W

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Sorry for the late repley 😕 Thanks for all the suggestions I recently purchased Fs passengers so the failure problem doesn't exist anymore 😀
Oh and by the way Chris Spitfires Kick ass

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...