Sidewinder

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

just wondering if anyone elses sidewinder throttle doesnt work for fs2004. and if it does tell me how to make it please 😀

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Which Sidewinder do you have.
Mine works, a Precision Pro2 USB.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

mines 3d pro game port

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

My sidewinder works allright with fs9. Dont Know

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

My sidewinder precision pro had the game port connector and the USB adapter. I only used it with the USB adapter on FS9, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

When you go to the control panel/game controllers does it work there? If it does I would check and make sure in settings that it is turned on as the throttle. If it doesn't work there I would say Windows isn't picking it up properly or the controller is bad.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

windows should pick it up as a sidewinder right? mine says its a 4 button 2 axis joystick with rudder and view finder although sidewinder is on the list i cant pick it

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

brownbox wrote:

windows should pick it up as a sidewinder right? mine says its a 4 button 2 axis joystick with rudder and view finder although sidewinder is on the list i cant pick it

It should, but if you have the sidewinder on your list select it and see if you get it right when you calibrate it. The throttle should show up there. Just make sure it isn't sidewinder USB.

I'm assuming you are running XP, it should automatically pick it up. Earlier versions of Windows might not, but you can select it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's a lot to read but it may help.
Try this link.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

im using a game port usb adapter for it and it says the port is not correctly configured if i try selecting the sidewinder option

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

brownbox wrote:

im using a game port usb adapter for it and it says the port is not correctly configured if i try selecting the sidewinder option

Did your controller come with a USB adapter or did you buy one? I know there was another poster who bought an adapter and it wouldn't work. My controller came with it and it did work.

If your controller didn't come with the adapter I would try it through the game port.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

the adapter was purchased seperately. My computer does not have a game port as it is a laptop Embarassed

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

brownbox wrote:

the adapter was purchased seperately. My computer does not have a game port as it is a laptop Embarassed

That may be a problem. As far as I know the other poster I was talking about never got his controller to work with a third party USB adapter. At the time we were wondering if the early sidewinders were compatible with a USB port.

It seems there were three different sidewinders made. Early ones without an adapter, then like mine which had the game port connector and a USB adapter and then the last ones I think were USB only.

It's possible the early ones won't work with an adapter, but I'm not sure of that.

Your best bet may be to buy another controller. There are some pretty good ones with twist handles that aren't all that expensive. Logitech and Saitek are a couple.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...