No throttle on sidewinder

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

im using sidewinder 3dpro with usb adapter running win xp. everything works fine except for the throttle. anyone got a magical fix for this problem?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Calibration?

I remember that you have some problems with your joystick...How you solve them?

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

i was recently having really bad problems with my joystick. eg windows recognising as 2 axis 2 button joystick. i solved this by changing the usb plug it was in 😛

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

anyone at all got some ideas?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You haven't told us whether you've tried to re-calibrate or not Idea

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

ohhh . yes i did but recalibrating doesnt calibrate the throttle as windows does not recognise it as a joystick with one 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Are you sure you're in the right place? I just checked mine:

Control Panel / Game Controllers / Properties / Test

I've got everything on that test page... including the throttle Dont Know

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

heres what i do.
step 1. plug sidewinder into adapter and plug adapter to computer.
step 2. go to control pannel
step 3. windows recognises as 2 axis 4 button joystick with viewfinder and rudder
step 4. in the calibration screen i only see view finder, 4 buttons and z axis and y and x axis
step 5. when i try to change it it says my game port is not properly configured. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ty the steps above click on Properties, it should open on the Test page/tab.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

im there. this i see the tests for all of the things-rudder, viewfinder, button 1-4 and x y axis. but no throttle

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

oh and if i switch the switch at the bottom to o instead of oo i get the throttle working as the view finder

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That's weird... I've got a Sidewinder too, Windows XP and an old-type USB. The throttle comes up every time on my test page Dont Know

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

hmmmm. well i guess i can just press f2 and f3 Wall Bashing

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...