how to look through plane?

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

hi there,
i was just looking at screenshots from the gallery and i was wondering, how do i get views from inside the plane? i have tried active camera and dont like it cause im a cheapskate 😳 and dont wanna pay. any other ways to get these veiws? thanks

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest

hiya, that's what I'm aware of, there is no such option originally in FS9. If you have something like this let us say by changing the view for few moments it's probably system mistake. Normally you have to have a 3-d model that have all the things (seats,corridors,cupboards etc.) inside the model with .bmps on them as well. If anyone will create a plane 3-d, you'd have to include these details.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You could try F1 View FREE!!

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Pro Member First Officer
rickypig112 First Officer

ha ha. i was like you and didnt want to pay. i went onto www.avsim.com and downloaded the plane i want, but on the details make sure it says 'wing view'. project opensky is the best.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

wing views - or indeed any view can be created in the panel.cfg - you'll need to know what you're doing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

hey tailhook, i just got that f1 view - very nice freeware module! 😀 helps a lot in the vc on the base leg..

Ryan F. Guest

Go search "wing views" in any FS2004 panel archive. (preferably FlightSim.com)

There are dozens of them out there for many aircraft. These downloads are simple copy-and-paste modifcations of the Panel.cfg file that replace existing views. They're nice to have and work real well. These downloads include instructions (normally) ...but, like Hinch said, you'll need to know what you're doing or you'll screw something up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

hinch wrote:

hey tailhook, i just got that f1 view - very nice freeware module! 😀 helps a lot in the vc on the base leg..

And I thought you'd never realise that I'm not just a pretty face ROFL

BTW, when you can tear yourself away from your paintbrushes or whatever else you might be doing, read the documentation that comes with F1 View. You'll find it can do much more than embellish your phantasies inside your VC.
It's also very handy when you want to inspect the textures you're working on due to it's smooth zooming action and the ability to almost crawl under the aircraft. Yes

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

VC? ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

brownbox wrote:

VC? ❓

Virtual Cockpit

sometimes:

Virtual Cabin

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

ahh ok 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...