screenhunter problem

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

um.. i was taking a few screenshots with screenhunter.. and when i was reviewing them there was no aircraft in the picture, lol

eveything else was there.. the setting, the airport, etc... but the plane was nowhere in site.. as if it were invisible

im stumped Dont Know

any ideas on how this happened?

Answers 24 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Use Grapclisave. 😉

I had some problems with Screenhumter in past,not the same as you,and i change it to GCS and im more than satisfied.

Your problem is quite strange. 😳 😂 Wall Bashing

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

What are the settings when you first load screenhunter?

Here is how I have mine set up ➡

See if that helps. Other than showing how I have mine set up, I have no idea.

Steve

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Why make life difficult? Use GrabClipSave as Greekman suggested - it is still the best. Just because it doesn't make the headlines doesn't mean it's inferior.

Screenhunter is comparable to Dell Computers, Norton Antivirus, Internet Explorer and a few other apps that the average consumer just can't get away from - why, I'll never know. Oh yes, I do know it's all to do with brainwashing and fear of the unknown. Boy oh boy, it's soo hard to change. Fear

GrabClipSave has the smallest footprint, uses the least resources, is very easy to set up, produces excellent screenshot quality and once you've started using it, you won't even know it's there. I've been using it for years, tried all the others only to return to GrabClipSave with my tail between my legs.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Looks like Tailhook as got his Whip out again. Sorry Tailhook I'm in one of those moods today. Sorry

Afterthat I may indeed jump ship to GrabClipSave as everyone 🙄 suggest's

Liono

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm flattered Liono, you do have a way with words - or should I say with the whip. We understand each other. Seriously, I tested Screenhunter and GrabClipSave under the exact same conditions at the same time without interruptions and what I stated above where my findings.

What I didn't mention previously was that while using Screenhunter, I noticed a slight delay when hitting the button, this did not occur when using GrabClipSave. Also, Screenhunter gives you a choice of assigning a key for your screenshots -- why??? It only complicates matters. The most logical key is after all the Prt Scrn key. Those who have been taking screenshots for a while without any of those utilities have been using the Prt Scrn key all along - it's the logical solution.

A final thought, if I have a choice between two or more utilities that claim to produce the same results, I always scrutinize the interface and despite being an eyecandy junkie regarding my aircraft, when it comes to fancy interfaces on apps, I become very suspicious. So far this habit of mine has served me well. Yes

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

This is why I love this forum ❤️

Keep it up all 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The problem I have with you TTT, I never know whether you're serious or whether you're pulling everyone's leg Surrender Fear

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I usually don't care to get into discussions such as "who's is bigger" but I've been using ScreenHunter for a few years now and with the correct settings I found it to be very reliable.
When you take the screenshot be sure it's at the time you want, there is a moments delay (you'll momentarily see the aircraft stop in flight). If you take it at the wrong time you will miss the aircraft and get the results pilotguy is talking about.

Since I never used Grapclisave I can't have an opinion about it I imagine it would be as good or possibly better since a pro such as Greekman uses it.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

hmm.. thanks for the input guys..

to answer some questions.. my settings are pretty much the same as yours tailhook..

and about GrabClipSave.. i actually chose to use that one first, over Screenhunter.. but it appears the download server has been taken off the internet indefinitely. whenever i click "download" a "cannot find site" page comes up.. and this is on the offical page. 😕

i looked into it on a google search and found from some weird source that the download server has been suspended indefinitely... whether or not this is true, i have no idea.

ugh.. bottom line is i want grabclipsave.. and i cant get it 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I know they like playing tricks on us, try this link ➡

Pro Member First Officer

yeah thats exactly where i was before tailhook.. that download doesnt work 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I see what you mean -- I've been trying to upload mine via YouSendIt now for about twenty minutes and nothing is happening. Have you had a look at this ➡ http://www.softpedia.com/user/help.shtml#troubleshooting

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Finally success ➡ http://s15.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=24A7BWPNUDC493FAJMR4VVZZON

This should do it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

In an older post of mine https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9771/screenhunter-problem/ I had to do a small test between these three programs(Fraps,Screenhunter,Grapclipsave)and the results was that Fraps was the worst compare to the other too.

As long as i use SH i had no problem at all.I was satisfied from the quality and all of that.
For a strange reason it stops working right for me.I had try to solve my problem but nothing.I ensure you that i search the basic set-up of SH but i didnt notice(maybe i miss)something wrong.
Probably the mistake was mine but since i had the alternative solution of GCS i dont spend anymore time on searching.I un-install SH and install GCS and that was all.

I make clear that SH its an excellent program for everyone works(and i bet you are a lot)it doesnt for me thats why I dont use it anymore.Simple. 😉

My conclusion is that Fraps is the worst for capturing but its the best(i have found)for video recording.Thats why i get it. 😀

I also check the links abot SH and GCS which i share here ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11288/guide-to-upload-our-pics/

...and i didnt notice anything wrong.Both are working great in order to download them. 😉

tomthetank wrote:

This is why I love this forum ❤️

Keep it up all 👍

Thats why i like TTT 😉 👍 👍 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11288/guide-to-upload-our-pics/

...and i didnt notice anything wrong.Both are working great in order to download them.

Sorry to disappoint you Greekman, obviously pilotguy and I both have checked your link today... this one

It turns out to send you around in circles - unless you have a special, secret way of getting to the file you might consider to edit your post and update the link. It would save us all alot of running around in circles.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

OK here is an alternative link. ➡

http://www.simviation.com/fsdtutscreensh.htm

😉

Dissapoint me???Why and how should you??? 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Now that is the best link I've seen for GCS. Why don't you delete the other one in your post and exchange it with this one?

It would make things so much easier. I actually had to unplug my ADSL connection and reconnect my dial-up connection in order to upload my GCS for pilotguy today. For some reason ADSL and YouSendIt don't seem to be compatible.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Why don't you delete the other one in your post and exchange it with this one?

You wish become true 😉

Just a humble advice.There is a PITA that calls firewall.It helps but also it creates a load of problems.Check your set-up and avoid ZoneAlarm Banned Fear Puke Up

I use Sygate(suggested from dear Crash.)I find it great ❗

http://www.tucows.com/get/213160_90233

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Just a humble advice.There is a PITA that calls firewall.It helps but also it creates a load of problems.Check your set-up and avoid ZoneAlarm Banned Fear Puke Up

I've used ZoneAlarm once -- never again. I've never heard of PITA, I doubt that I have it on my system.
I have a firewall that is part of my motherboard (activated). Do I need Sygate? I'm not very good at teaching programs what to do and what not to do. I'm afraid I might cause more damage than good.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well...the explanation of PITA is Censored in public.You are a good searcher...i bet that you will find it.(Tip:its acronyms of an expression we use if something bothering as a lot and for long time... 😉 )

As far as concerns firewall..stick with your own or the windows default and you will be alright. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Roger wilco - thanks for the advice.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

I've used ZoneAlarm once -- never again. I've never heard of PITA, I doubt that I have it on my system.
I have a firewall that is part of my motherboard (activated). Do I need Sygate? I'm not very good at teaching programs what to do and what not to do. I'm afraid I might cause more damage than good.

Tailhook is that the nForce 4 firewall from Nvidia? If so there has been a lot problems with it. I had major downloading problems when I have that installed and all my downloads where corrupted.

My 2c

Pro Member First Officer

ah, yeah.. that last link for GCS definitely worked, thanks guys! 😀 👍 Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

🍻 You'll have so much fun snapping away that you'll forget to eat and sleep!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...