total loss of radio contact

Pro Member Trainee
paramesh Trainee

Hi guys
As most of u know that there are many airlines around the world that fly over the poles to get to their destination faster .W'ell i just tried one of the routes and a lot of things came into my view while flying over the north pole.
First of all u lose radio contact over the artic circle i have the approximate location N72 E 87 U don't get the radio contact back until u reach the other side also there is another thing to note that as u fly over the poles the screen begins to fade It becomes proper only after u change the views

We'll here is my flight information
Mumbai(VABB) - Los angeles (KLAX)
Flight time - 17:21
Distance - 7552.6nm
Equipment - Boeing 747-400
Airline - Air India

Hope u would also try out the other routes I will be trying out Singapore - Kennedy
Bye
Happy flying

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Thats because in FS2004, there are no real poles

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

I think Bill would say something like are you using your HF set? VHF isn't going to work up there...

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I think the furthest north you can go is 89* and some change

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...