fs2004 problem

ifis Guest

Hi,
After flying for about 2 and a half hours the fs2004 has the following problem. Suddenly the uper button bar disappears and at the bottom a black strip appear. After some minutes the fs2004 close without even any warning window to appear. Also when I close the fs normaly a window appears telling me that the program didn't closed correctly and has a tick option to restart fs.
Why these problems are happening? Does anyone know the way to deal with them? I would be really pleased.

Regards,
Ifikratis

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Sounds like a GFX driver problem to me...Maybe if you try to re-install your graphics drivers or update them could helps...Also let us know about your system specs and if you are using IE7 Beta... 😉

Ifis Guest

I have the latest nvidia drivers installed.
I have the IE7 beta3, and another problem I didn't mentioned is that I can't use keyboard functions.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Un-install IE7 and check the results...

Let us know 😉

Ifis Guest

Ok,

Sorry for posting in the aircraft section, mistake

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

No problem....Just an off-topic question...You nickname sounds Greek to me(Ιfikratis was a great General)... Are you from Greece? 😉

Ifis Guest

Yes, I am. My name is Ifikratis, but it says it has been taken so I entered Ifis.

Ifis Guest

Same problem with IE7 unistalled. I will try a registry mechanic and spyware/virus check.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You may be overheating, take the side of the case and clean all the fans. Pay particular attention to the heatsink, it can get dust caked into it.

If you can, add another fan on the back grid, very inexpensive and it'll exhaust out the warm air.

Look at our hardware forum, there is a thread about it and links to free temp monitors.

Radar

Ifis Guest

Thank you Radarman, I think this must be the cause, every time I close fs I have to restart the pc, as all other program stuck.
I wil clean the fan, read the temeratures and let you know.

Ifis Guest

same things. I unistalled and reinstalled fs2004, on a different hard drive this time. I cleaned all the inside of the pc, removin the cpu fan and video card and I cleaned all the dust. I also set my zalman fan to operate at full speed.The themperatures I have now are a bit cooler but not much. On idle the pc has 54 C and can reach 67-70 C when many programs are running.
However the fs again has stuck problems. My pc is a P4 at 2.8Ghz, I have 1GB or Ram and a GeForce 4 Triplex Ti4800 video card.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Clean out the drivers and reinstall new drivers but don't use the latest ones.
The card is about 3 years old so use at least 1 year old drivers and see if that helps.

Crashing after a while is usually heat related, odd.

Radar

Ifis Guest

Thank you radar man,
Just a few questions. Is my CPU temperatures usual? Is the video card inappropriate for fs2004? It has 128mb of memory and a 275Mhz clock. Should I change the video card or take a bigger fan for the CPU? Regarding the drivers you said, the latest won' t be better ?(I mean the company designed them to play at all geforce cards).
I can't stand the idea that I will have such problems with Vista and FSX.

Regards,
Ifikratis

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The card is fine for now, but as you say you'll (we) will need a better one for Vista and FSX
As for the temperature and the fans, see if this thread helps.

Older cards I find handle older drivers better than the latest. You can try, nothing to lose they can always be changed.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/18506/how-do-i-check-tempretures/

Radar

Ifis Guest

I already had two fans down in the front and high at the rear of the pc tower. However I changed their speed now, they were operating at 5V now I made them operate at 12V. They do of course much noise now, but I see a clearly better performance. Now I have idle temp 51 C. I was ready to buy a bigger zalman heatsink but the guy at the shop told me that 50 C for these series of P4 cpu is normal. Only the AMD can have temps down to 34-36.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

My temp on a P-4, with only 1 added case fan in the rear and stock heatsink.
It does go up during flight, sometimes too much and I get a warning. That's the time to clean.
Zalman copper is the best.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...