This plane infuriates me..

Ok...i love this model of the Simubuild a340-600..it is the most realistic one i have seen compared to Flightcrafts...But there are a few problems with it....i have to pitch up all the way to land and the cockpit sound is lower than the outside sound when on other planes they are equal...does anyone have any tips on how to fix these problems because i really like this plane....thanks

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

If you have to pull the nose way up to land, then I submit that you are going too slow. Try 140-150 kts indicated over the fence. In virtually all jets it IS quieter in the cockpit than it is outside. There is a fair amount of noise insulation built in them. I would think that that aspect of the model your flying is very realistic. I've been in jets a few times and I've heard 100s of jets from the outside as well. Believe me, they ARE quieter in the inside.------- By the way, I did'nt know that the A340 had a full flying tail as it appears to be from looking at your pic. I question that part of the modeling. The only time you need a full flying tail is if you're planning on going supersonic regularly. Now the trim controls often times move the entire tail, I see that on the T-tail configs all the time.

Scotteiboi Guest

I was going about 185knts...thats the problem...i have to pitch up all the way AND pull back on the joystick to flare correctly and even keep it level before landing.... 😕

Scotteiboi Guest

Oh and for the sound...it is extremely quite..not just quiet...and it is extremely loud outside of this particular aircraft only...it is so loud that the sound gets distorted unlike my other d-loads...am i confusing you?? lol. I have tried all of my sound files and they all get distorted...

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

It sounds like the extremes in sound could be a problem with the files in the sounds folder. 185kts seems a little fast for approach, check what your attitude indicator says when you flare. It should'nt be anymore that 10 deg. nose high attitude. You can shift your view up or down by pressing shift enter or shift backspace. When I rotate at liftoff I shift the view down several times in order to be able to see the horizon and ground. I also do the same when I land so I can see the rnwy. Try that.

Scotteiboi Guest

Ok..185 is not fast for this plane considering all of its problems.....but anyways...i flare ten degrees...and its fine...but what are the extremes in sound???

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

You might talk to RADARMAN about the sound problem He's more up on the computer end of things than I am. As for the speed, I still think it's too fast. It might be that that model requires a higher speed for landing, however, one of the design criteria of most airliners is to be able to land at existing airfields. That means landing speeds must be around 150-160 kts. otherwise you would'nt have enough rnwy to stop safely. Another reason I'm fairly sure the landing speed is closer to 150 kts is the fact that Airbus Indusrie has one of the most advanced airfoils out there, perhaps only being parelleled by the 777s wing. These air very efficient wings which have encorporated the best of both worlds--- high speed flight, and low speed handling. When they hang out those flaps the lift is more than double what it is in cruise config. Even the 747 lands at around 140-150 kts. One thing, check your weight, that can have a considerable effect on takeoff and landing speed. The A340 is a long haul plane which means it likely burns a couple of hundred thousand pounds of fuel enroute. It may be that at or close to gross weight it needs to go 180+ kts to land softly, but after burning formerly said amount of fuel the landing speed would be consderably slower, probably around 150 kts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You two have been carrying on a very interesting conversation, I'm learning, I imagine others are.
Start/control panel/sounds/speaker settings/volume/advanced at the bottom right/put in the amount of speakers you have.
If you have 3 use 5.1/click "apply" and get out.
Start/run/type in /dxdiax/sound 1 tab/slide should be on full/test sound and check if it's coming out of your subwoofer.
You do know of course that there is a sound section in the setting of the sim, you can control the amount of sound inside and outside the aircraft/engine sound/cockpit sound etc.

Radar

Reply Guest

I did not know that the 747 landed at 14-150 knots...thats amazing..here i have been landing at 200 safely..haha

Scotteiboi Guest

Sorry about that.."Reply" was me....lol.....anyways i suggest you download this aircraft and see how it reacts when you fly it....and also listen to the sound..... here is the file dowload link... http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=28738

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I flew the craft and the sound outside is quite loud, inside it's the normal sound that I would expect from a well insulated (as leadfoot said) aircraft.
It wasn't overpowering inside but comfortably audible.
She sure gets overspeed quickly. 🙄
Sorry about it not being to "sharp" I'm still trying to figure out the right settings for "unsharpen-mask" with Adobe Photoshop. Dont Know

See my settings.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

That is a purty plane, I like pretty planes. 😀

Scotteiboi Guest

Yes it is a beaut.....thanks guys!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...