Taxi to gates.............

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

A lot of airports I seem to have landed at recently, once passing me over to ground, do not give me any directions to park at either gates or GA area's. The only option I get when transferring to ground is Taxi to Take Off options.

It's not as if there isn't enough space or I haven't given an IFR beforehand, they know I'm coming and have directed me in.

Rich

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

That happens when there is no parking space available which is large enough to fit your A/C on.

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

If Heathrow, Moscow and airports of similar size do not have a space big enough for a 747 or similar, then there is a major problem with FS2004!

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Right you are.... Heathrow has 17 Heavy gates in the default scenery, so you'd indeed expect to be able to find a free spot - if you're not running a traffic addon that puts 17x 747's on the heavy gates.

2 things that come to mind; firstly after you have landed, try to switch to a smaller a/c, preferably one that came with the game such as the lear or a baron or something, and then see if there is a parking available to you.

Secondly, is the 747 you're flying a custom a/c? Long shot, but perhaps the wingspan is set to an incorrect value in the a/c config (i.e. greater than 177.17 ft) that would also result in you being unable to park at an airport.

Those are the only things I can think of at the moment... Dont Know

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

happens to me sometimes so i just do my own thing and go to any gate.

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

lenin wrote:

happens to me sometimes so i just do my own thing and go to any gate.

ditto... 😂

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

ATC is crap. I gave up on it and go drive to a gate myself. Surprised

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Yeah many a times i receive instruction to contact ground only after i land and stop on the runway wondering and waiting for ATC to allot me a parking gate...Then when it gives an instruction and I turn the progressive taxi on i find that the taxi way is very far behind and I take a U turn on the runway itself..I have a feeling that instructions come in a bit late or i am doing something wrong 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

It happens with both the default Boeing and add-on Airbus aircraft. It never used to happen quite so often as it has recently, so I too have given up and just make my own way to an available gate.

I also use Heathrow Pro which has more than 17 parking spaces for 747's.

It's true that ATC can be very annoying at times and does not adapt to your aircraft situation. With the number of add-ons available for FS9, I'm surprised nobody has come up with a different alternative to the default. It would be nice to have ATC speak with foreign accents as well.

Rich

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

ARD-DC wrote:

That happens when there is no parking space available which is large enough to fit your A/C on.

This also happens to me too. Like what ARD-DC said, it happens when there's no parking space available. One way to solve this is to use the time compression up to a setting of at least 8X. You'll then find an option for you to taxi to parking or gate. After you ask controller to taxi, set the time compression back to normal and wa lah! You see? Time compressions of at least 8X gets rid of all the airplanes on ground and in the air. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

you are not allowed to use time compression in FSPax.... 😂 😞

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

earthqu8kes wrote:

you are not allowed to use time compression in FSPax.... 😂 😞

What's FSPax and why I couldn't use time compression in it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

FSPax is a new cult and you can join it here ➡ http://www.fspassengers.com/

As is the case with any reputable cult, the bait is free of charge. Once you're hooked, you'll have to pay (for the registration key in this case) to make it through the day. Fear 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...