Engine Heat

Smailey112 Guest

Hi, I have been looking at some pictures on some web sites, and I have seen that the heat comes from the engine, and makes some of the image blurry!!! THAT IS SOOO REALISTIC.

http://www.fs2004.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=33

What do I have to fix on my settings to get this??

Thanks for all replyes

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

That would be nice but I think thatshot was editied

Cheers

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Not really Karl. I have a couple of helis that has heat exhaust emitting from them. Some developers went for realism when they created the aircraft. You have to download the aircraft from a few sites, including this one.

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

i dont know who is right on this but i really wish that it worked on the jets on fsx 😀 😀

anonymouse912 Guest

That would be quite a cool effect. I've had a look around and its called 'Heat Shimmer'. There is a post here which has information and a download for it but its for FS2002/FS2004. Might still work though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

anonymouse91 wrote:

That would be quite a cool effect. I've had a look around and its called 'Heat Shimmer'. There is a post here which has information and a download for it but its for FS2002/FS2004. Might still work though.

Not sure about 'Heat Shimmer' - it appears to apply to Choppers only. The 'Engine Exhaust System' (ees_v32.zip at avsim) on the other hand works great in fs9 but sadly the XML gauges won't work in FSX.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...