Whoa! SP1 XXXXXXXXXXup cockpit veiw

Pro Member Trainee
sinebar Trainee

Sorry for the colorful language but I thought SP1 was supose to fix things not create new problems. Ok the problem is that regular cockpit view is just a screen full of garbage but virtual and external cockpit work fine. I am running FSX on a HP laptop with a ATI mobility Radeon X600 128meg of video ram. CPU is a pentium 4 2.8Ghz and 2gig of ram. Everything was working fine untill SP1.

Censored by Radar

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

sinebar wrote:

Sorry for the colorful language but I thought SP1 was supose to fix things not create new problems. Ok the problem is that regular cockpit view is just a screen full of garbage but virtual and external cockpit work fine. I am running FSX on a HP laptop with a ATI mobility Radeon X600 128meg of video ram. CPU is a pentium 4 2.8Ghz and 2gig of ram. Everything was working fine untill SP1.

Censored by Radar

Laptops have integrated video cards which are not good enough to handle graphic intensive software like FSX
You'll have to download the latest drivers and lower some of the slides to compensate for the card.
Turn off shadows, AI traffic, and lower clouds and autogen.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
sinebar Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

sinebar wrote:

Censored by Radar

Laptops have integrated video cards which are not good enough to handle graphic intensive software like FSX
You'll have to download the latest drivers and lower some of the slides to compensate for the card.

Radar

But it was working fine before SP1 and I didn't change any settings. I was flying an addon aircraft though which worked fine before SP1 but seems I read that addons may cause problems with SP1 is this true?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If the add ones are in the sim before and during the SP1 install it causes texture problems.

The only solutions are those that I listed above.

If you were very happy with it before SP1 then delete SP1 and do a repair, some time in the future you'll uninstall it and then you can use SP1 again.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
FlightSimX Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

sinebar wrote:

Censored by Radar

Radar

That's a bit of a sweeping statement.

My laptop has a 256Mb nVidia GTX 7800 card that is more than up to the job of FSX 🙂

Mark

Pro Member Trainee
Mavix Trainee

sinebar wrote:

Censored by Radar

I had almost the same problem. My first FSX installation with SP1 worked fine, but then I had to re-install FSX, and after that, whenever I install SP1 it messes up both cockpit views. In 3D cockpit it puts the gauges in random places. So now I just have to live without SP1 Crying or Very sad

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...