fsx multiplayer help

Pro Member Trainee
raptor67 Trainee

i press connect and it says "connecting to gamepsy" then a few minuted later it says "you have been disconnected from gamespy, you may have logged in on another computer" its been doin this for a gew weeks now and it wont even connect me in the first place wen it says that. please help

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Randy (Oldgeek) Trainee

I have the same problem. I think it is GameSpy's way of limiting the usage of their servers.....but that is just a guess.

I have never been able to fly with anyone on their danged servers...or server.

I wish we had some options....but I haven't read about any yet.

Pro Member Trainee
G0Nz0 Trainee

the gamespy network itself is fine, its the way gamespys SDK is wrote into the games that determines the quality of the online experience.

also make sure firewalls are set for FSX and also the router if you have one is told to forward ports to your PC.

Pro Member Trainee
Randy (Oldgeek) Trainee

G0Nz0 wrote:

the gamespy network itself is fine, its the way gamespys SDK is wrote into the games that determines the quality of the online experience.

also make sure firewalls are set for FSX and also the router if you have one is told to forward ports to your PC.

Hey....thanks....but I am not sure what you mean by " The router told to forward ports to your PC." You don't mean to put your PC in a router's DMZ do you?

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Oldgeek wrote:

G0Nz0 wrote:

Hey....thanks....but I am not sure what you mean by " The router told to forward ports to your PC." You don't mean to put your PC in a router's DMZ do you?

No I don't think G0Nz0 means that, I think he means you need to forward FSX and Gamespy ports in your router to your machine.

Go to http://www.portforward.com to learn about ports

Pro Member Trainee
Randy (Oldgeek) Trainee

n7xlq1 wrote:

Oldgeek wrote:

G0Nz0 wrote:

No I don't think G0Nz0 means that, I think he means you need to forward FSX and Gamespy ports in your router to your machine.

I got it figured out.....thanks.

I also discovered www.chocolatesoftware.com which is 100 times better than GameSpy. If you need any help with figuring it out....PM me and I will help you get it setup.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Oldgeek wrote:

n7xlq1 wrote:

Oldgeek wrote:

I got it figured out.....thanks.

I also discovered www.chocolatesoftware.com which is 100 times better than GameSpy. If you need any help with figuring it out....PM me and I will help you get it setup.

Ah yeah FSclient, I use that to connect to VA server that I use, though they mostly use FS9-04 which stinks, since when I see other people flying on the server they look like a 172, when actually they using other aircraft.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...