Grey smoke now pink???

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

Since moving my FS from Windows XP to Windows7 I have had nothing but problems with simple tasks.

The latest is the grey smoke that used to come out from my MD80 series aircraft. Now, for some weird and wonderful reason, it is pink instead of grey!!

I have downloaded the latest drivers for my monitor and configured the colours correctly. I am also getting a similar problem with certain clouds. My old XP system was 32bit, whereas the new system is 64bit.

Could this be the problem?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No, I fly FSX in W7 64bit and nothing has changed.

This is an odd occurrence, I don't know what to suggest.

A screenshot might help us figure it out.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

OK, silly question time.

I have never done a screenshot before, so how do I do this and post on here?

Cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

One tutorial coming up. We all have to learn sometime.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11288/guide-to-upload-our-pics/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

Problem solved!!

I double checked all my settings and found the screen settings were .......x16 rather than .......x32. Once changed back the colours and clouds etc displayed correctly again.

Thanks for the heads-up on the screen shot tutorial Radarman, at least I know how to do this now!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad you solved it so easily.

Try a screenshot sometime.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...