Airplanes do not show

Pluto7777 Guest

after messing around with Mytraffic and Woai, i am the only plane at each airport.
Flyable aircrafts are still available, scenery is OK, but not one aircraft...
In simobjects and aircraft.cfg there are still many aricrafts but they dont showup, even with sliders at 100%
Boats and ground-cars are still moving , even at 5%.
I uninstalled mytraffic, removed Woai aircrafts... no result
FSX boxed gold + accel version - i5 GE970 32Gb
Thx for advising me

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Disable ground shadows in the FSX settings menu and you should see the traffic.
DX10 should be disabled too.

Let us know if it works.

Radar

Pluto7777 Guest

Thx for the suggestions, i will try tomorrow.
I saw this shadow-problem quite a lot on forums; what is the reason that groundshadows are responsible for many problems in FSX ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Pluto7777 wrote:

Thx for the suggestions, i will try tomorrow.
I saw this shadow-problem quite a lot on forums; what is the reason that groundshadows are responsible for many problems in FSX ?

Not for the problem you have but they use up quite a bit of the computers resources that can be used for the rest of the Sim.
Autogen does the same.

Radar

OK, i did the test; all groundshadows are off now, even lights reflecting on runway off, no result : i remain the only plane at big airports, trains, boats and groundvehicles are moving, but not one plane is visible.
Altough, in aircraft.cfg files, there are more then 100 planes listed (737 - a318 - b777 etc...)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You unchecked shadows, did you also uncheck DX10.
After you do it close the Sim out and restart it.

When you install the AI did you check the FSX box to covert them, they were originally made for 2004.

Radar

This must be an item i forgot, so there is a conflict i gues with 2004 planes that do not belong there.
How to solve this conflict ? can i delete some more items ? can i find the conflicting models and delete them or is there a way to delete all aircraft files and restore again files from the box dvd ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The last line in my last post, did you check the convert box in the installation of Woai .

I would clean out every last part of Woai and install My Traffic.
You paid for it and it's a very good add-on.

Cleaning out FSX and reinstalling it and then installing My Traffic would be the best bet.

Follow this to clean out FSX, it works for FSX also.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/888846

Radar

I tought so, only this would be helpfull; delete and re-install. But i will encounter the same problem afterwards; our national Belgian company Brussels Airlines, does not exist in the lists of Mytraffic, any tip how toadd some planes from Brussels ? They are not difficult to find on the net, but i dare not adding them anymore...

PS: What is Mytraffic 6 ? is this another version of the one i have from Aerosoft, or is this a different add-on ?
Thx

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know what version you have but 6 it is probably the latest one.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...