Throttle erratic

hatfieldbroadoak@protonma Guest

When flying some aircraft, sometimes, I push the throttle forward and it bounce back and forth then goes to idle. Stay on idle. Change planes and it goes away.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello!

I understand that you're experiencing an erratic throttle behavior in some aircraft while using Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release). This issue might be caused by several factors, but I'll provide you with a few possible solutions to help you get back to smooth flying.

1. Hardware Calibration: Since you haven't mentioned if you're using any hardware controllers (e.g., yokes, joysticks, or throttle controls), I'll assume you might be. First, ensure that your hardware controller is properly calibrated. You can do this by checking the controller's settings in the simulator or through the device's configuration software. Make sure the axes are set correctly and that there's no conflict between them. If you're using multiple controllers, double-check that they're not interfering with each other's inputs.
  2. Check Controller Assignments: In the Microsoft Flight Simulator, navigate to the Options > Controls menu. From there, verify that your throttle axis is assigned to the correct input and that there are no duplicate or conflicting assignments. If needed, reassign the axis or remove any conflicting assignments.
  3. Software Conflicts: Ensure you're not running any third-party applications that could be interfering with your throttle inputs, such as joystick calibration or mapping tools. If you are using such applications, temporarily disable them and test if the throttle behavior improves.
  4. Aircraft-Specific Issues: Since the issue seems to be resolved when you change aircraft, it's possible that the problem is specific to certain aircraft models. Check if there are any updates or known issues for the affected aircraft, which can be found on the aircraft developer's website or the official Microsoft Flight Simulator forums. Additionally, consider reinstalling the problematic aircraft or removing any custom modifications that could be causing the issue.
  5. Simulator Updates and Community Fixes: Ensure you have the latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator installed, as updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements. If the issue persists, you may want to search the official Microsoft Flight Simulator forums for similar problems and community-provided solutions.

I hope one of these suggestions helps you resolve the erratic throttle behavior. If the issue still persists, please provide more information about your hardware setup and the specific aircraft you're experiencing the problem with, so we can further assist you. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...