Joystick problem

a person Guest

I have a joystick problem. I am trying to install it but the plane just goes to the left whenever i pull up the throt. Can someone please help! And also why do we have to pay just to download files? I think thats stupid.

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

You pay for the upkeeping of the site, rather than the actual downloads. Check the joystick is calibrated properly 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
a person Guest

I have tried calabarting it but I have no idea how it works. I have a PC Line Tournament Pro joystick and I cant find it in that list of joysticks in that joystick reviews website. I need some urgent help please!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

1 fire up fs9 and just follow the on screen instructions in calibration

2 Are you running Win XP if so no drivers should be required..though XP will let you search the net for updated drivers(goto the control panel on your pc and look under game controllers,find the joystick in there and hit troubleshoot,or delete it and reinstall)

3 Is it compatable with XP?..if not try compatibility mode

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

You don't mention what kind of plane you are flying. If it is a prop plane it could simply be the torque effect from the engine. Once in the air is it OK? If that is your problem you can turn off that effect in your settings.

Five bucks is not exactly a major cash outlay for the privilege of being on a good site. 😀

a person Guest

Hey,
I havn't actually been up in the air using the joystick because the plane just goes to the left and never lifts up/ How do I make the plane go straight, and do you think it'll work in another plane? I have already tried and the same thing happens. FS is so annoying sometimes, please help me! Crying or Very sad 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try using the keyboard until you get a good joystick.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/723/fs-2004-key-command-list-printable/

Copy, paste and print or download from second post, very slow loading.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

You haven't given much information in which to help you. What kind of joystick? What OS are you running. Have you calibrated the joystick?

Sorry, I missed your post where you gave the information on your joystick. I am not familiar with that stick at all.

The joystick is called PC Line Tournament Pro. I use windows XP, and I tried calabrating the joystick, but I really don't know how it works. It tells me to keep the handle centered and press a button, I do it and the rest of the stuff. but after I've finished when it comes to the test page, the cross in that little cross inside the small box just shakes around like hell. I've tried using the joystick in GTA 3 but the same thing happened, the curser goes everywhere and I can't even get past the main menu!

Can you please explain to me how this calabaration thing works? I'm going to sign up of for this board soon, because it's so helpful. BTW my username should be twistedsucker, just signing up right now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ive searched and found the PC Line site but 😳 all in Chinese and no English option Mad

Im guessing that its a USB device and seeing that you are running WinXP,try unpluging it and reboot your PC and reconnect it (in another USB port if you have one spare)
Then open your contol Panel/Game Controllers and click properties.This will then take you to the calibration screen (again 🙄 ) try that and see what happens

a person Guest

No, it's not a USB device. Its one of those..umm...I don't know what you call them but they're wide and have screws at either side. And about your restart and plugging in tactic, I'll try that.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Ok, it's not USB. It uses what is called a gameport. This joystick may not be compatible with XP. It sounds like you have followed the directions in the calibrate routine. Once that is completed it should not be going wild in the box. A little movement would not be uncommon but a lot is not right.

One thing you might do is go the control panel in XP and check the game controller device and see if there are any conflicts. You don't have any kind of a game controller connected to a USB port do you. I know I had two controllers hooked up once (one a game port controller and one USB) and things got squirrely.

a person Guest

How would I go about checking if there are any conflicts? No, I don't have another game controller connected. Do you really think this is because of XP? You're being a great help, please carry on helping me. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Go to control panel/system//hardware/device manager. Go down the list until you find "sound, video and game controllers. Open it and right click on the line that mentions gameport. Right click on it and click on properties. Check on the resources tab and it should say no conflicts if there aren't any.

If there are no conflicts there then the game controller should be working properly which leads us back to the joystick.

Let me know what you find and we will go from there.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Is this the joystick like you have?

Jimareas Guest

Hello people
I have fs2004 and running on win XP (yeh i know still) ..... I never had problem with the joystick with the same windows version. Recently I format the PC setup everything again.
There is a funny thing happened now. The joystick works perfect when i switch view to virtual cockpit , works perfect to tower view , works perfect from outside view. When i'm going to cockpit view the normal 2nd panel view the joystick acts strange. I'm pulling back the stick to go up and responds slightly with not much effect ..... when i leave the joystick to neutral position in the center the plane diving !! I press S again changing view to virtual cockpit the joystick works perfect. Only does that in cockpit view !
Any idea what on earth is that strange thing ??
My joystick is a USB with a small throttle lever on the side.
Thanks in advance.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

First try moving it to another USB port.
If that doesn't help then clean out the old drivers, go to the joystick website and download the latest drivers.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Jimareas Guest

I tried to put it in the USB on the back and did work 🙂
I have 2 USB ports in the front panel of my tower and try them both before but was doing the same thing.
Thanks for the fast reply

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Jimareas wrote:

I tried to put it in the USB on the back and did work 🙂
I have 2 USB ports in the front panel of my tower and try them both before but was doing the same thing.
Thanks for the fast reply

Glad it worked!

Radar

my problem with joystick is a bit different, as soon as its plugged in, I lose thrust control and it goes to idle, unless I keep pressing F4, even though its like 80% only, even if while connected to Saitek equipment

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...