Maybe a problem with my joystick??????????

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

Hey,
When I'm taking off ( with a joystick) my plane keeps on turning in different directions. When I look on the turn coordinator, the little ball is taking trips from left to right, and the model plane is doing the same. THis results in my plane doing curves on the runway to take off, which is surely scary and very uncomfortable for the passengers ( I haven't asked them yet 😀 ).
I was wondering if anyone was having the same problem and how I could solve it.
Thanks

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Tyler Golding (f15) Trainee

I am having the same probloms but i can't fix it ether. What joystick do u have?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

It sounds more like you have your autopilot is engaged. You want it disengaged for takeoff. Then you can activate it wehn you are 1,000 AGL. Many people have had the same problem. You may also want to check your trimming. 😞: Hope that helps. Come back if that doesn't solve your problem.

f15, I have a force feedback wing man.
My pilot, I am sure I don't have the autopilot engaged. But I'll go and check anyways.
Thanks for the replies

Pro Member First Officer

sorry that was me, forgot to sign in

Pro Member Chief Captain

Try pressing 5 on the numpad with the numlock off This will center your controls. and then when you are off the ground you can turn auto rudder on. I guess you could try reinstallong your joystick. 😕

Pro Member First Officer

Ok, thanks for that.
I don't think I'm going to use auto rudder though, that would be to easy.
Thanks for the reply 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

No problem.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...