Ok i give up!!!

Pro Member Trainee
tricky2070 Trainee

I'm trying to land using autopilot but for some reason it won't work for me iv'e read FEM guide and followed steps 1-4 then click APPR button...well it says APP is this the right button? now a nice solution would be for someone to record a step by step guide using FRAPS that would be cool then maybe it would be idiot proof!!!...well for me anyway,the thing is i can land great without autopilot no problem i just want to be lazy and experience it.
Is there someone up for doing a FRAPS video?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

You are probably engaging the APP button too early. Make sure you are at the correct heigh and are established on the localiser going at around 190 KIAS maximum. Only engage the APP button when you are close to the airport i.e. around 10 nm from the airport and ATC has vectored you and cleared you to land. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

On turn to final manually align slightly above glideslope then hit [APP]. Being slightly above the glideslope, the A/P will descend to intercept instead of climbing to intercept then descending, climbing, etc. Watch your approach speed, and make sure you have gear and flaps set before you activate [APP], and be ready to switch off the A/P functions before actually touching down.

That's all I can think of at the moment. FEM's guide is great, but of course a vid would be excellent too. If you have more questions besure to post more details about which aircraft and exactly where you're having the trouble, etc.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

tricky2070 wrote:

It depends, what type of aircraft do you want to land with ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

JVD wrote:

tricky2070 wrote:

It depends, what type of aircraft do you want to land with ❓

I'm trying to do it with a 747

spuddi Guest

before you hit the app button you must be just below the glideslope, preferably at the point that you are just about to intercept it. then it should smoothly follow it down.

Pro Member Trainee
tricky2070 Trainee

Ahh now i get it,forgive me for being stupid but i just thought when you are near the airport no matter what distance or height or upside down follow those steps and it would just land it's self...silly me, thanks for all your help buds.

Anyway still would be cool to have a FRAP video a 747 would be very nice also it might just help alot of others what do you think?

Also make sure your NAV1 radio is tuned to the ILS frequency for the rwy you are intending to use.

kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

If you're thinking that the plane will land itself, you're mistaken. It will basically guide you to minimums unless you get a add-on panel that has a autoland feature.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...