Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Landing on Aircraft Carrier

Pro Member Trainee
Alex (Littleal100) Trainee

Hey,
Is it possible ot land on a Aircraft Carrier on FS 2004. If so How???

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I don't think there is any way you could land a jet fighter for instance on a carrier, you would need the arresting hook and all that, but I think you can land a light plane on a carrier. I'm not sure if there is enough deck to take off again.

Maybe a touch and go.

Rick Lee Guest

Hi folks,

there are some nice carriers available:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2924/fs2002-hmnzs-waikato-carrier-scenery/

I think I've seen a couple of new ones at avsim and/or flightsim as well.
They're there - if you want them, you'll get them Smile

Regards, Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

hey,you can if you buy the FLIGHT DECK addon.It gives you missions(for landing,taxeeing and taking-off)on a carrier. It also gives you a av-hbII harrier(vtol),a F-14 tomcat,a s-3 a viking,a f/a-18 hornet,e-2c hawkeye and ach-46 sea knight. If you want to land other planes with this addon,just start a mission and press alt/options/aircraft/change plane and change to the plane you want to use.

Pro Member Trainee
Alex (Littleal100) Trainee

k. I will try it.. Laughing Cool

crash 258 Guest

i have the aircraft carriers but i dont know how to take off cos there is so little runway Sad how can i hook up the plane?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Since you're not willing to reveal which carriers you have, you 'd better do some reading Razz

Arrow https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/25872/carrier-pack/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Oooohhhhh you are a hard task master TailHook Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Mighty nice to hear from you Welshflyer Cheers!

Now the bad news: You have been put on notice. One more of those lengthy periods of AWOL and you'll end up in the brig!! Hit with Chair

Welshflyer wrote:

Oooohhhhh you are a hard task master TailHook Very Happy !

Well, I have finally admitted to myself that neither my navigational nor my piloting skills will get me into the history books... so i have taken it upon me to enter the history books as the one who saved the Western world from total illiteracy and a population of zombie-like idiots.
Since the politicians now only have two items on their agendas i.e. arms deals and oil grabs I figure just like Superman I'll come to the rescue and remind the butter-brains who rule the world that literacy leads to prosperity, health and happiness - not greed.

So, there you have it, someone's gotta do the dirty work and I volunteer... if this selfless action of mine will not reward me with a place in history, nothing will.
At the very least I deserve Hero status Ha Ha