727 Nosewheel to sensitive

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Hey,

I have just installed a nice aircraft (727) but the darn nosewheel is way way to sensitive in terms of the stick response. One little touch and she wants to turn 45 or 50 + degrees! 😳 -I'm sure I will need to open up the cfg and change an assignment/number and am wondering who can give me a heads up about what needs to be done here concerning this. Thanks for any answers gents.

-OG.

Last edited by George (OrlandoGeorge) on Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

FEM knows more about these things than I do, but I will take a look and see if I can find the parameter that needs changing, when I get back later today.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I have been looking through the cfg files of a number of aircraft and am surprised I find no separate setting for the nose wheel (from the rudder).

Can you post the cfg file for this aircraft? It is in your FS9\aircraft\name-of-aircraft folder.

Rick Lee Guest

Hi OG,

you've probably got your mind set on a particular paintscheme. If you haven't, however, then you might want to change your model. I've had the Erick Cantu model ever since it's been released and am very happy with it.
Just a thought. You might wanna look at this:

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=78703

interested? This would be the link:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004acrp&DLID=58231

She's a beauty. Plenty repaints all over the place.

Regards, Rick

😎

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Thanks fellows, I will take a look at the Eric Cantu 727 model. I fly his 737's so I know that they are good. Looks like changing the model is the answer as in my A/C cfg there is no assignment indicated whatsoever for the nose wheel as Crash points out. -I will see what I can do here.

-OG.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...