Legendary 727 Communicate with ATC

Pro Member Trainee
ANThrx Trainee

Well.... I thought I was doing fine then... I cant comminicate with the ATC... the window will open but it will not let me dial the tower... im thinking its because I have not turned on my communication or NAV system.. cant seam to figure out what im missing. If anyone knows how to get it up let me know... i have everything running 3 engines on. All scripts complete ready to taxi but wont accept selecting tower.. i have run my cessna and it does that when i forget to turn on my power for nav. I turn it one and works. I cant find it in 727 AAARGH!... what am i missing in the 727.... thnx in advance if you know.

ANT

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Make sure your avionics switch is on

Pro Member Trainee
ANThrx Trainee

I have looked for an avionics switch but dont find... i have looked in the manual as well as manualy... do you know which board its on FWD, OH, or SO

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

As well as avionics, how about generators, batteries, etc?

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Have a look a this picture here, and open up the panel in Flight Simulator.

Make sure you have correct frequencies, and you have selected the communication radio that you want to use, and check all the electric power systems are up and running, which can probably be done by looking at the APU panel in the above link, where it says AC amps.

Somebody with the 727 will be able to help you soon for sure.

Pro Member Trainee
ANThrx Trainee

Well i wouldnt think i would be able to get past the Script run for check list for prior to eng start and after eng start... i even make it to taxi check list (for the script run on the 727) Bat on Gen on APU shut off.. everything running.... hmm.. man im stuck

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I've never flown the Legendary 727, so these are just guesses:

a) There is an avionics switch, which you can easily find in the key-commands menu and assign to something like Ctrl + Shift + A,

b) There is most likely not an avionics switch and it's lost power. This used to happen a lot with the PSS models. The batteries would die, even if the APU and engine generators are on line, resulting in a loss of all battery - operated functions. You can remedy it with FSUIPC's battery life adjuster.

c) (my guess as to the most probable) Try loading up the simulator in the default cessna, flipping the Avionics to On, and then load the 727. That seems to be the solution for a lot of addon aircraft!

Pro Member Trainee
ANThrx Trainee

Thnx OG... man that was going to be my last attempt... I didnt want to short cut by seting up an easier aircraft to get mine running.... but i was thinking i would try that just to make sure that I WAS missing something... and that it worked fine... oof... thanx for the input... I would like to be able to start from cold and dark to take off with ATC.. without having to take that route... man.... still stumped...

Thnx again

Pro Member Trainee
ANThrx Trainee

Oh... I am going to try to assign the avionics key command ingame... will let you know how it goes

Pro Member Trainee
ANThrx Trainee

Ok.. I am obviosly missing something unless there is a glitch.... and for some reason I dont think its that 😂 Ran through complete power up, 3 eng good everything good except unable to adjust Nav controls in radio stack or connect to ATC. I am def missing something. Started cessna all off except avionics saved to default flight changed back to 727 then everything works fine nav controls work and can connect to ATC. But from complete cold and dark just kind figure out where to turn the stack and communication on. Dont find anything about an avionics key programed in F9...

Any clue... hehe still looking...

Pro Member Trainee
ANThrx Trainee

Ok... I'm a reefertard. I found the avionics master switch assigned a key and works fine... sorry all and thnx.

Pro Member Trainee
tiegs Trainee

does anyone know where the switch to turn this on is? when i am doing checklist it wont continue unless i turn it on

Also is there a way to load legendary 727 so the engines are not runing????

HELP

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

maybe go 2 virtual cockpit and look around . ive dine that many times 2 look 4 switches. unless you dont have virtual for the plane the avionics switch shuld show up in vir. cockpit Idea

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

tiegs wrote:

Also is there a way to load legendary 727 so the engines are not runing????
HELP

You turn every thing off and save the flight or try this cold start from avsim
http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=24238

Pro Member Trainee
ANThrx Trainee

To get the 727 to start without engines running just start a flight in a cesna and power down all switches then save and check the box for default flight. Then start start with 727 and all engines are off. Then save again if you want the 727 as the default aircraft. I had to use ctrl+shft+A to turn on avionics... but i am thinking I found it but cant remember at this moment.... I will try to get on tonight and let you know where it is....

Pro Member Trainee
tiegs Trainee

Thank you. next question is why does the nose pitch up and down so much when using trim it doesnt seem to be able to climb and decend and an even rate.

Pro Member Trainee
tiegs Trainee

Is there a general button or keystroke is sim 2004 to raise the pilots seat?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Shift+Enter to raise seat.

See if these help also.
http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/fs2004_usingviewsandwindows.asp

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...