FS9 minimizing...HELP!

Pro Member Trainee
aloha43 Trainee

FS 9 has been minimizing itself for no reason. It doesn't matter if I am manually flying, or on auto pilot. I've tried:

Installing fs9update
Uninstalling the entire program, removing anything relating to Flight Simulator.
Reinstalled (3 times) FS9 with a brand new set of disks - wouldn't work...the comp said it couldn't recognize the 4th disk
System Restored
Microsoft chat had me try a few things and came to the conclusion that the 4th disk was corrupt. They sent me an entire new disk set. Didn't work.
I completely reformatted my computer and reinstalled XP.
I installed FS9 and it worked better than it has before, then after 1 week, it is minimizing again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Deb

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The usual reason FS minimizes itself is that another task, such as and AV scan, antispiware scan or other task has started. Are any of these types of things running?

Pro Member Trainee
aloha43 Trainee

I have only spybot and adaware on my comp....both turned off, and Norton, which I have tried disabling it, but that didn't help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

If you are running FS full screen, try running it in a window. See if that helps. You may also be able to see if something else is attempting to run by watching the taskbar.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Have you update FS to 9.1?
Also check if your firewall block the access of FS9 to net.

Have a look at this topic too.

http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=156319&mesg_id=156319&page=5

Thanks for the specific infos you gave us in order to describe your problem and your troubleshooting steps.Its an example of how we ask for help. ❗

Let us know the results. 😉

P.S. Welcome to 😀 Fly Away.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

there is a virus that does that you must remove manually (no anti-virus can fix it). do you own a firewall?

i know how to remove it 😀

Pro Member Trainee
aloha43 Trainee

I tried going out of full screen mode....instead of minimizing, it paused.
I booted into Selected start up mode....then it worked fine.
Back to normal mode, I tried shutting down automatic update, disabled norton, made sure screen saver and power down are off, ran adaware and spybot (no spyware), and checked for virus's (no virus's).......still minimizes

Pro Member Trainee
aloha43 Trainee

Someone else suggested FSAutostart or Enditall....does anyone here know anything about these?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

aloha43 wrote:

Someone else suggested FSAutostart or Enditall....does anyone here know anything about these?

Here is autostart.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2948/fsautostart-v11/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

I had a problem with FS9 crashing to the desktop - as if the program had never been running at all - and found this solution last year:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11204/fs9-crashes-to-desktop-midway-through-flight/

But lately I'm having the problem all over again and now I do not have "Viewpoint" in my computer.

ANYway, in case this is any help...

Pete

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

I should also say that I've installed and am running FSAUTOSTART before every start-up of FS9 - and I'm STILL having trouble!

😞

Pete

Pro Member Trainee
aloha43 Trainee

I downloaded and tried FSAutoStart and it did not do anything that I could tell. The program still minimizes.

Last week I had a few virus's that as far as I can tell, are gone....could this be the problem?

A friend of mine said that I should reformat and reinstall windows again, just because of the virus's. Could this fix my problem?

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you do a clean install of Windows and a new install of the sim everything would be perfect unless you load a bad program, add-on or get more virus's.
I never get a virus, you should use a good anti virus, there are some free ones.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

aloha43 wrote:

I downloaded and tried FSAutoStart and it did not do anything that I could tell. The program still minimizes.

Last week I had a few virus's that as far as I can tell, are gone....could this be the problem?

A friend of mine said that I should reformat and reinstall windows again, just because of the virus's. Could this fix my problem?

Thanks

Do it.Get rid of everything useless and try to keep your system clean from unnecessary programs and utilities.Avast is an excellent free anti- virus program daily updated ➡

www.avast.com.

Just a suggestion.After you finish installing FS and update it with 9.1 patch Copy the entire FS folder from program files to a safe place in your HD or in a CD.
There you will always have your files clean and clear just in case you need to replace something you damaged or you dont like. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...