IFDG Airbus A320 Smoke and lights problem

Scotteiboi2 Guest

Ok...i have these three IFDG Airbus A320's and they all have the same problem.... Airbus A320 Aeroflot, Sabena, and Air Canada. When i land there is no smoke...why?....and there are no lights except landing lights...??? Thanks! [img]C:\Documents and Settings\Scottie\My Documents\My Pictures\Sabena.bmp[/img] No lights. [img]C:\Documents and Settings\Scottie\My Documents\My Pictures\Sabena2.bmp[/img] No Smoke.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Smoke is not always part of every aircrafts "effects" but you can turn up the "effects" slide to 100%, that may help some.
I'm not certain which lights your looking for, press "O" and "L" and that'll turn on the aircrafts beacon lights.
By the way the reason that your screen shots don't show up is because you can't post from your computer unless there is an attachment option on the web-board, you have to post from a website.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... Strange, you should see smoke on touch down
Check your aircraft config file and look for effects

It should read ➡

[effects]
wake = fx_wake
water = fx_spray
dirt = fx_tchdrt
concrete = fx_sparks
touchdown = fx_tchdwn, 1

The bottom one is the important one

Scotteiboi Guest

i pressed O an L and all there is are landing lights...how can i put images in the post?.....but i will change the effects to those you posted and see if it works..thanks....

Scotteiboi Guest

Ok i got the effects working but not the lights...

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Unless your screenshots are allready on the web the easy way is to upload them into the photo gallery here,then you can link to them or insert them into the post

Scotteiboi Guest

I tried uploading many images but none of them ever came on....any help?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This should help you upload screen shots to our Photo Gallery.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1098/upload-of-screenshots/

And if you want a screen shot to be in your post sign up here.

http://photobucket.com/

Radar

Scotteiboi Guest

Ok i signed up at PhotoBucket..thanks and here is the pic of the Airbus with no nav lights.... [img]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Scottieboi/Sabena.jpg[/img see....its all landing lights...

Sorry guys the pic worked when i clicked "Preview"

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 When you d/loaded the file was there should have been an "effects" folder
Open that folder and copy everything to the main fs9 effects folder

I think that may sort you out

Let us know

Scotteiboi Guest

Apparently i never copied the effects into the folder....hehe.....everything works now....thanks guys 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Group Wave No longer are you a danger to everyone else up there as you can be seen for miles.
The newer iFDG airbus effects file include the Airbus double flash of the strobes(If you have this double flash effect then all your iFDG Airbus's will have them so no need to keep overwriting)

Glad we sorted it out........see you up there

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...