Initial impressions of FSX Deluxe

Pro Member Trainee
bdhill1979 Trainee

Frankly, and not surprisingly I am a bit disappointed in this release. While there are notable improvements to the graphical side of things, textures and shading and such, I really can't see any difference from this and FS 2002.

The Virtual cockpit is interesting as it enables you to look around a bit more freely, but it is very difficult to adjust dials and radios in this mode, also it is difficult to read what some gauges are saying.

I am very disappointed in the barely functional G1000. This really doesn't represent the actual G1000 at all. Garmin sells their G1000 sim for $3.99, it comes on one CD, and is FULLY functional. With the 2 DVD's totaling 15 Gb of drive space you would think there would have been room to make that function.

24 aircraft? Beech Baron, C172 SP, and Moony Bravo counting twice as one version with a G1000 and one version without. The Maule Orion, one with skis, one without? So basically you are only getting 20 aircraft, most of which you have seen before in previous FS releases. I know that add on aircraft will become available from third parties eventually, but to be honest I am already bored with the standard selection.

I know this may come across as complaining, which a bit of it is. But I just think that this sim is not worth rushing out and getting immediately if you are not a die hard sim fan. I think that once the hype dies down the price will come down and add ons will be around to choose from.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

And thats what I've been saying all along.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Am i the only who has notice graphical improvements to FSX?
I notice them to the first demo and i cant say that the graphics are the same with FS9.T
hey are close very close to my FS9 graphics without need to run a load of payware Add-ons to improve them... Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I think people are comparing FS2004 with about $1000 in addons with the default FSX.

That is amusing to me. The last time they saw FS2004 in its default form was the day they installed it a couple of years ago. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I think people are comparing FS2004 with about $1000 in addons with the default FSX.

That is amusing to me. The last time they saw FS2004 in its default form was the day they installed it a couple of years ago. 😂

I agree... ❗ ROFL

It reminds me the time that the first Cell Phones has come to market...Due to some family problem i had i was one of the first owners of a cell phone...Most people comments was sarcastic and point me that it was useless,meaningful etc...Now they all own an MP3,Camera,Circus cell phone.... ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Greekman, many years ago.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

😂 😂

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL 👍 👍 👍
🍻

Pro Member Trainee
jacksprat Trainee

I like it so far, not sure it was worth £50 but we shall see. I haven't tried the ATC mode yet...

Disappointed they have dropped aircraft (like the B777). Why do that?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...