Throttle Sticks

Tannaberton Guest

Can't get teh throttle to get back less than 1000 rpm on my 172. I haven't tried any others but I also notice I can chop power in the circuit and it keeps climbing.

Anyone else see things like that?

TonyTelephone@canada.com

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
stickyfingers Guest

da only ting dat hap to me is on the 737, my throttle contol leva on me joystick, wont open or close da trottle all da way. sews i guts ta press F4 ta open all da wwhey, and F! key ta close all da whey.
but if its pullin to much like you float down da runway den if ya gots a variable pitch propeller den ya gots ta go ta aircraft cfg. under
[propeller]
miminum_on_ground_beta=0
min_gov_rpm=0
and put in 0 zero
den
[piston_engine]
idle_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar=1
maybe lower
backup aircraft cfg first(make da copy somewares)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

what kind of stick do you have?

try calibrating you stick if you havnt in the past few weeks

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Tannaberton wrote:

Can't get teh throttle to get back less than 1000 rpm on my 172. I haven't tried any others but I also notice I can chop power in the circuit and it keeps climbing. Anyone else see things like that?

The throttle of a C-172, or other small aircraft, won't normally go below 600 RPM at idle. Try calibrating your controller, setting the sensitivity to maximum with a null zone of less than 10% of travel.

Tannaberton Guest

I have tried settings over and over but I get no less than 1000 rom and if I drop the nose I get 14 to 1600 RPM it actually increases like a truck going downhill. When I do get it on the ground the rpm drops off to 4-600 like it should.

Makes landing near impossible unless you want to just get way back and don't care if you overshoot or undershoot.. THe thing wants to climb so I end up overshooting and doing nothing.

It did work at first but I hav ereset to default and reinstalled but it still does nothing but piss me off.

I am going for X-plane...or even make a few from paper this thing is impossible.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I thought you were talking about on the ground. Make your pattern(circuit) larger. Use flaps, I recommend landing with 20 degrees at 70 KIAS.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...