SearchSearch 

Best 747 sound set?

Pro Member Trainee
Brickwall132 Trainee

I had to unistall and then install my fsx and some of my sounds were lost and one of them was my 747's sound. I was just wondering if there are any great freeware sounds for the Def. 747 for fsx? Thanks for any help 🙂

13 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

This right here (follow the link)
It's a really nice sound-set, i use to use it until i got payware sounds.
After you click download it goes to a second page.
And under all the donate stuff, just scroll down to under Directions and put in the pass-code thing that it tells you to.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

One man's trash is another man's treasure... the first thing you'd have to decide is whether you want RR, GE or PW sounds. They're all available for us sonic purists.

Pro Member Trainee
Brickwall132 Trainee

Well I would like to hear the P&W 4060, but I really can't find many.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Brickwall132 wrote:

Well I would like to hear the P&W 4060, but I really can't find many.

Well, you must have found more than me - I found one. Go to https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2679/fs2004-boeing-pw-4060-sound-set/ and get 767pw406.zip by Christoffer Petersen.
Don't let the "767" confuse you, many engines are used for different kinds of aircraft depending on the carrier.

I used to get all of my soundsets from Avsim but ever since the birth of FSX I can't seem to find any sounds there any more. You or someone else may have more luck... if not, keep going back to flightsim as most prolific soundset creators have uploaded their sets to both file libraries.

Let us know how you like it!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Just having dug around in my own archives (which are in a mess) I found this one you might wanna check out: b747-200_pw.zip https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2680/boeing-747-200-pw-jt9d-7r4g2-sound-set/ ...I'm pretty sure this is the one I used to use for my 742-Fs, if it is, you're in for a treat.

I have a few more P&Ws though not 4060s. I'm happy to share more filenames with you if you're interested.

While you're here, do yourself a favor and get: bnrollnw.zip https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2681/fs2004-ground-roll-sound/ ... wicked 😛

Note: Though the above sounds are all in the FS2004 categories, they are fully compatible with FSX. Have fun!

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Don't judge a book by it's cover man.
If you haven't yet, i would seriously try the sound-set at the link i posted.

Pro Member Trainee
Brickwall132 Trainee

Wow I really have enjoyed all of these replies and I will check them all out. I just wish my comp. didn't crash, I had something like 7gb of add on planes and sounds, O well it's just going to take forever to get all of it back and I thank everybody for helping me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

truckernick wrote:

Don't judge a book by it's cover man.
If you haven't yet, i would seriously try the sound-set at the link i posted.

Nobody said Emil Serafino's cf6-80c2b5f_snd_744.zip was a bad soundset.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2682/fs2004-general-electric-cf6-80c2b5f-sound/

In fact I have installed it in FSX as well as in FS9 to see (hear) the difference. It's just that this soundset is a GE and Brickwall asked for a PW.

I'd like to hear your opinion on one of the files I suggested as well, if you please:

bnrollnw.zip

Here's the link: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2681/fs2004-ground-roll-sound/

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

truckernick wrote:

Don't judge a book by it's cover man.
If you haven't yet, i would seriously try the sound-set at the link i posted.

Nobody said Emil Serafino's cf6-80c2b5f_snd_744.zip was a bad soundset.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2682/fs2004-general-electric-cf6-80c2b5f-sound/

In fact I have installed it in FSX as well as in FS9 to see (hear) the difference. It's just that this soundset is a GE and Brickwall asked for a PW.

I'd like to hear your opinion on one of the files I suggested as well, if you please:

bnrollnw.zip

Here's the link: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2681/fs2004-ground-roll-sound/

I know nobody said it sucked, and i have tried the sounds you suggested and there are great.

Pro Member Trainee
Brickwall132 Trainee

Well at this time I really don't care which engine it really is, being a PW, RR or GE if it sounds nice I want it. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Brickwall132 wrote:

Well at this time I really don't care which engine it really is, being a PW, RR or GE if it sounds nice I want it. 😀

If you could make up your mind as to what you want and be a little less vague in your requests, those who spend time to find files for you wouldn't get the impression that their talking to a brick-wall.

What happened to the MD-80 textures... no good?

➡ ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/35494/sga-md-80-repaints/

Pro Member Trainee
Brickwall132 Trainee

[If you could make up your mind as to what you want and be a little less vague in your requests, those who spend time to find files for you wouldn't get the impression that their talking to a brick-wall. [/quote]

What happened to the MD-80 textures... no good?

➡ ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/35494/sga-md-80-repaints/

Well I have a good GE sound set and a RR so if you can the P&W would be nice. Oh an by the way the Md-80 textures were good, I downloaded the AA and the Alitalia and they work fine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Brickwall132 wrote:

Well I have a good GE sound set and a RR so if you can the P&W would be nice.

Now be so good and explain to me why I bothered writing this post:

Tailhook wrote:

Brickwall132 wrote:

Well I would like to hear the P&W 4060, but I really can't find many.

Well, you must have found more than me - I found one. Go to https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2679/fs2004-boeing-pw-4060-sound-set/ and get 767pw406.zip by Christoffer Petersen.
Don't let the "767" confuse you, many engines are used for different kinds of aircraft depending on the carrier.

I used to get all of my soundsets from Avsim but ever since the birth of FSX I can't seem to find any sounds there any more. You or someone else may have more luck... if not, keep going back to flightsim as most prolific soundset creators have uploaded their sets to both file libraries.

Let us know how you like it!

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions