No aircraft preview screen when creating a flight

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Bit odd this

In the create a flight screen you get a little 3d render of the aircraft you have chosen in the window below..

All i get is a black space with nothing inside...

anyone ever had this and or know the resolution?

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

Bit odd this

In the create a flight screen you get a little 3d render of the aircraft you have chosen in the window below..

All i get is a black space with nothing inside...

anyone ever had this and or know the resolution?

I've come across this Insight. It's an error in the aircraft.cfg file. Unfortunately I don't remember which line has to be edited.

The way I fixed it up that time was by comparing various cfgs - but silly me got so excited when the a/c finally showed up in that little window, that I didn't take any notes.

Soryy 'bout the vagueness, but the cfg. is your answer Idea

Regards, Rick Lee

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

the trouble is it isn't for any particular air craft as far as I can tell none of them display...

could it be related to drivers?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Rick is right. The problem is your aircraft.cfg. I've had this problem a lot of times and I know the reason why. The aircraft is almost there, but something is wrong in your aircraft.cfg, and probably it's the line starting with sim=

What I did to fix the problem was the following:

If the aircraft.cfg has two or more repaints installed, then you'll see something like:

[fltsim.0]

and

[fltsim.1]

There are some information behind those titles. Make sure that all the information is the same each other, except the title=, atc_airline=, atc_flight_number=, atc_heavy=, and ui_variation=

That can be different depending on the airline.

Pro Member Chief Captain

None of them display in the 3D render? What about default aircraft?
If those don't display, then there's a problem with something else. I don't know exactly which problem can be.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

yeh the DC3 didn't display either 😞

I can't seem to make anything display in the window

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Insight try this

Turn Antialiasing setting to 4x
Turn Anisotropic fitting to 8x

These card be found in your graphics cards control settings.

Let us know how you get on

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Fantastic Liono

That fixed the problem!!!

For some reason the cargo skin for the DC-3 is completely borked but at least I can see the previews now!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Group Wave

Glad that fixed it. I had the same problem when I installed the new Nvidia drivers.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Cool! 😉

I didn't know that that could fix the problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain

As the old saying goes and I quote

you learn something new everyday

I knew this IT course would pay off

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Group Wave

Glad that fixed it. I had the same problem when I installed the new Nvidia drivers.

Are we by any chance talking about the 81.85_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql NVIDIA Drivers?

If so, then please would someone find the time to explain the "roll back" procedure to me?

I'm about to install these new drivers - but as I'm inexperienced in these matters to say the least, I would like to know how to rectify my mistakes if the need arises.

Thanks a million Group Wave

Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain

OK first of download this program called driver cleaner which can be found here ➡

Driver Cleaner

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and download.

Once this has download unistall your current drivers (through the control panel) then run driver cleaner. Once driver cleaner has finish install the current drivers.

If your not happy with them, this what I would do personal. I would unistall them by the previous process and install the drivers that came with the graphics card. Hope this helps you out Tailhook if not let me know and I try and help you out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks Liono,
I've downloaded DCProSetup_12 - according to the site the included readme file is very informative. I'm grateful for your instructions and will start experimenting with everything tomorrow.

Would it be advisable to leave my current default settings - then uninstall - then install the new drivers and leave those on default settings for the time being... as a reference point?

BTW my AMD processor HSF (stock) seem to be working fine. I've had it all running for more than two days and there's no sign of overheating and the whole affair sits as solid as a rock - see ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8605/amd-athlon-64/

I've kept the side panel open so far to be able to keep an eye on it and today I even managed to get one of the chassis fans working. I've got two more to hook up, one in the front panel and one in the side panel. I've got a Thermaltake Soprano enclosure ➡

http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/soprano/sws/sws.htm

Plenty of space, enough cooling (I'm not overclocking) but way too many cables and wires hanging around everywhere. I'm still having problems with the

Dual USB 2.0, IEEE 1394 Firewire, Audio & Speaker ports as per picture, but one thing at a time. The Installation Guide doesn't make any sense.

So I've got a couple more hurdles to overcome Horse , but at least I can fly now because today I actually figured out how to squeeze sound through my speakers.

Thanks for your advice Liono, I'll keep you posted

Regards, Rick 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Glad everything is working OK now. I would install the new drivers to be on the safe side as there would be updates for the Geforce range.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Glad everything is working OK now. I would install the new drivers to be on the safe side as there would be updates for the Geforce range.

Well, these are the drivers in question - courtesy of T_T_T ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9032/nvidia-drivers/

So you're suggesting I should just dive off the deep end?

I'm terrified, man Fear

I'll sleep over it,
Thanks again

Pro Member Trainee
Gromit Trainee

Behold the power of the forum "Search" function. 🙂

I started having this problem last night, and rather than posting a question immediately, I searched to see if this had been previously addressed. Lo and behold, it had.

Now, if everybody on the internet would use search functions... 😳 😂

kdavis30 Guest

I installed World of AI for Model Matching in Vatsim a couple days ago. Could WOAI be the reason the aircraft preview screen is blank?

Pro Member Trainee
Darren Elliott (darrenvox) Trainee

A little but after the fact but sometimes when that happens it's incorrect model matching like the model for the 737-700 might be RB73700.mdl or something

But in the Flightsim text is

[flightsim.0]
model=RB73700

But you could have it as RB737200 and they don't match...that would make the area the aircraft comes up with making it unable to shot right plane/texture....that should answer if you ever have that kind of problem

johnduq Guest

Just wanted to say thank you Liono for those display seetings.... got might flight sim to work after intalling a nvidia card...........

anonamous Guest

press ctrl+enter

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...