Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 Other

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

sonicninja

ATC Voices

Does anyone know of a way to change the voices in FS2004...... Basically in a nutshell i would like to hear British ATC when flying over the UK, French accents over France etc etc....... Im beginning to hear the same old american accents in my slee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chris102

Science Fair

I have to do a science fair project, and I wanted something to do with aviation, but I'm not having luck finding anything. Can you think of any ideas for me?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest FEM on
Chris102

Rooftop Helipads

Is it possible to add a helipad to the top of a buidling in NYC? I have Aerosoft's Manhattan scenery, and I'm not sure if it would work, but it's worth a try....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Guest Ed

Grand Tour of the Aleutian Islands

It is time for another adventure into the great unknown. Yesterday, I started a tour along the Aleutian Islands, the extended chain of volcanic island which stretches about 1200 miles from the Alaskan Peninsula across the Pacific, nearly to the Kamchatka...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
JOSHUA CHEROK

VFR-IFR ATC NEW YORK

Hey Guys, I am Joshua Cherok from FSARTCC. Our site is down right now. So if you would like ot fly with new york center at 1:30 PM Eastern Time. TEAMSPEAK IP IS 69.20.61.210:8767 GAME IP IS 69.20.61.210 If I Get More Then 10 Pilots In here It W...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JOSHUA CHEROK on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Iron Chef

Anyone besides me stay up to watch that show? It's the best show ever I'd say! IF i watch TV, that's all i watch. You've probably heard that America decided to have it's own Iron Chef show. It's going to blow. Anything other countries make first and is co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
The-GPS-Kid

The "UK TIP TO TIP TOUR"

Well, inspired by Guest Ed's latest tour - I decided it was time to hang up my Airliner wings for a few weeks and really get back to the heart of flying. I decided on my tour first - to fly from Lands End (the south west tip of the UK), up to John O'Gr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on

ahh ..my new laptop =)

sorry if it looks small but image hosting only allows 1024kb...its a picture of desktop and specs http://img213.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img213&image=laptop3ea.png...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
xsre1010. on
sonicninja

New System but can it cut the mustard??? Help me out!!

Hi folks, i recently bought the following system, specifically to play FS2004 and one or two other great flight sims:- AMD Athlon 3500+ Processor 512MB DDR Memory 160GB Ultra-Fast SATA Hard Disk 256MB ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics with TV-out and DVI ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Arik

3D glasses

do they work?? Do you have them?? do you recommend them??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simme on
jelami

Super bowl

Patriots up by 7 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
99jolegg

CPU

I have been looking at new CPU's, not sure whether I need one really, I have a 2.66 Ghz CPU at moment. Are they easy to install, and how is it done? Thanks a lot 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Dkberesk

Raise frame rates by at least 10 or 20 mabey 30

all u have to do is got to settings/display/whether/ and turn off detailed clouds. it depens if u want the realism or not. but it works great for me i got a high of 60 fps one time when i shut them off...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dkberesk on
makonnenl

Best settings/configuration for FS9

Can you please educate me, what is the frame rate, its purpose and best setting ❓ do you set different frame rates for defferent planes ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
makonnenl

no-cd

this is not working for me, every time i click to execute the file i get some error message and canno't use it. :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
99jolegg

Ultimate Traffic

Hi, I am thinking of getting Ultimate Traffic, but looking at my frame rates at the moment, I don't no whether it is a good idea, sometimes it gets as low as 5 FPS, but is normally around 16 😕 . I have 'average' settings in the Display panel in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Planepranger on
Mauries

Nav log printing problems

For some reason I can no longer print my nav logs. This worked in the past but now nothing!.. Checking the print queue indicates there is nothing to print. Using XP Any suggestions?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Chris102

Restricted Airspace

What airports are near restricted airspace in FS9?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
dougk9

max speed on jet just over 345 knt?

I must not have something set right. I get to about 345 knots on the airspeed and I get an overspeed warning. Can't find where to set that, I know a 777 and such go faster than that. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
tomthetank

Microsoft Spyware

For your information Microsoft have released a Spyware detection and removal tool (beta)➡ http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=spyware&productID=&DisplayLang=en...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
longngone

ATC phrase editing in FS2004

There are a couple of small airports that I like to fly to and the ATC refers to them as their respective airport ID's for example "KRKP". Is there a way to edit the phrasing so it says "Aransas County" instead? I've noticed several of the small airpor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Agus0404

Avsim Download

Hello everyone! I've downloaded this file from Avsim called: taxi_edge.zip and when the download was finished I opened it and I couldn't find any Read Me. The problem is that I don't know where to put those files. Can someone help me with that download?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
rkolomiychenko

IVAO (International Virtual Aviation Organization) Virtual

Hey everyone, If there is anyone out there currently flying with the International Virtual Aviation Organization (IVAO) could you please give me some feedback. I'm thinking of joining them. Cheers....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rkolomiychenko on
99jolegg

Becoming a commercial pilot.......

Hi, I was wondering, could someone tell me the steps you have to take to become a commercial pilot, i.e. what exams etc, or a good site that has it on. Thanks a lot 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
RobRose77

using a downloader to download files

I have dial-up so i would, but cant, like to use Download Accelerator to download the aircraft add-ons so i can continue the download later if i want to...any ideas on how to do this??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
tomthetank

Saitek ST290 pro

Saitek ST290 pro A quick revue of this Saitek joystick Well Ive been using this stick for about 3 weeks and after a few small problems(my fault as I did not calibrate)all is well with it My previous stick a Microsoft Sidewinder,and the one before t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
The-GPS-Kid

The BARON 58 World Tour

Having got my new PC, with the Flight Sim experience absolutely transformed, I decided to set off on a long tour, to check out some of the Scenery around the Flight Sim world... I don't yet have any Add-on Scenery but if you're fortunate anough to be able...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
rvogl

Flight Planner For FS2004

Does anyone know of a good Flight Planner for FS2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Guest Ed

The Amphib Across America Tour

Hey, Back when The GPS Kid was trying to find his way across the Pacific in his Baron, it occured to me that instead of searching for uncharted islands to land on and buy av gas from the locals ( 😂 ), if you had an amphibious plane you could l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
ranald

madeira

i'm looking for a descent d/load for madeira portugel becouse the default scenery is terrible anyone got any advise....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Ever wondered what my style of Humor is? (its hilarious)

Ok, I'm going to post a link to something i regard as hilarious. Best part, its relevant to simulation in that it deals with airplanes and children. *DISCLAIMER* This web page contains some offensive language *the S-word being the worst*. And those ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
davno

fx5600 nvidia and add-on fs2004 aircraft

Hi. I am stuck using an older nvidia driver (45.23) because with any newer driver for my nvidia fx5600 vid card my computer freeze upon loading the newer gmax reflective skin that comes with fs2004 add-on aircraft. i dont have this problem with the defaul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
-Jester-

Military air base???

do you guys know of any that are on FS9\ Thanks in advance NIck...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rambunctious on
markyboy

parking break default

I have jusy installed fs2004 and compaired to 2002 I have found that when an aircraft is loaded the parking break is not set and some aircraft have set off down the runway before i have had a chance to set anything is there a setting adjustment i have n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
tomthetank

Free Windows XP

:umm...: Well almost If you think you have a dodgy copy of XP,well you may be able to get a new copy FREE ➡ http://www.microsoft.com/uk/press/content/presscentre/releases/2004/11/PR03361.asp UK only...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rambunctious on
help

how do i get jet flames

for a long time i have wanted to get jet flames and i dont no how. Help me!!!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkin on
Elkinallen

Just a funny story

I was a Chief Flight Instructor at a 141 school. One of the instructors came in and I noticed he did not have his tie on. :rules: I said to him to put it on. He replied he forgot it at home. I said borrow one or something. I saw him :censored: mome...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elkin on
Fire_Emblem_Master

SYLVAN, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!

Do NOT download the SP2 from Microsoft. For me, it F*$&%# up ActiveCamera, as well as many other utilities I have for FS04, AND, if you play other games, (I do, which is why its important that you hear this) It will scew them up, for example, Postal 2, do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Guest Ed

"Around the Arctic" Tour

Hi All, In the spirit of great world tours, like The-GPS-Kid's Baron 58 World Tour, I've been on an Around the Arctic tour. I started in San Francisco and flew north to Barrow, Alaska, in the Lear Jet (because the world's a big place and I don't h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Agus0404

Aviation Store in Europe

Hello everyone! I was looking for an Online Aviation Store in Europe. Meaning to ship to the different countries of Europe. I've only found US Aviation Stores and they don't ship to Europe. Does someone know a webiste for an Online Aviation Store in Eur...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
makonnenl

blinking cursor

hello, My computer screen goes black every time I am done with FS and I see the cursor blinking for couple of seconds. Any :idea:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
CDR

BLACK OUT

this HAPPENS TO ME ONCE IN A WHILE-BUT NOT ALL THE TIME i LOAD fs9 AND SELECT A SAVED FLIGHT. the ac PANEL APPEARS IN IN A SECOND MT MONITOR TURNS BLACK. after WAITING ABOUT 1 MINUET A BOX COMES UP AND TELLS ME THERE IS A PROBLEM AND DO I WANT TO REP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CDR on
flyboyfred

installing textures only (repaints)

When installing textures only and/or repaints, especially of FS2004 default aircraft, you are asked to unzip the file and then copy and paste certain information into the aircraft.cfg file... Please help!!! Where do you unzip/extract the texture/rep...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bello on
cdr

ranks why ?

I'm new here and have allot to learn. I thought this was a site to get information ? I see some of the members here have ranks. Do you run a virtual airlines here also. Please explain the reasoned for the ranks ? Thanks CDR KFLL...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
The-GPS-Kid

That old yoke.... pull the rudder one, or I'll throttle you!

Ok, apologies for the Topic Title, that may be poor British humour that doesn't convey internationally ! I've got a pretty good FS set-up at home now.... a really good spec PC (3.0Ghz, 1024Mb RAM) with a good Video Card (ATI Radeon 128Mb) and so many C...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Guest Ed

Time Zone?

I am just curious in what time zone Fly Away exists. I am posting at 10:08 US Pacific time. Ed...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Voo

FS Traffic or Ultimate Traffic?

which is better to use? i know Ultimate i can download and pay so i don't have to leave my house, but i was curious if anyone else uses these programs and have any views (or other recommendations?) Also what scenery and airport stuff do you recommend f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Bulldog897

FS2004 crashing on Mouse Click!!!

Has anyone come across this problem. About 30%/40% of the time, when I am selecting OK with the mouse within FS2004, my machine just reboots itself. If I can actually get into a flight , it works fine, so I suspect this is not a video card related....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bulldog897 on
Merchant123

Not loading

Hi all Need help. After i install FS2004 and go to launch it a window appears asking me to insert disk 4 into the drive (note: the disk is already in the drive). After ejecting and reloading the window still appears. I have tried re-installing but to n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
The-GPS-Kid

COPYING A PANEL TO A DIFFERANT PLANE

Hi, Can anyone reply with a posting that breaks it down into simple steps how to copy a Panel from a plane that I have to use in place of a (poor) panel on another plane ? Ie..... - Let's say I have wanted to use the Panel from my CRJ Add-on with...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on

13 pages with 602 questions.

previous12345678910111213next
Page 10 of 13