Microsoft Flight Simulator: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

nottobe

How to you compare XPlane and P3D to MSFS 2020?

I'm completely unfamiliar with these two sims, are they quite similar to MSFS2020 in every aspect? Do they have a season change? The only reason I want to leave FS20 is that there's only summer scenery. I still see lush and green in Maine, totally unreali...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Tintin777

Hardware for MSFS2020

I have an i7 3770 CPU, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, and 16 GB ram. will this be enough to run MSFS2020? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
sputnick

FS2020 game pass/purchase

Hello all, this is my first post so please be gentle... I have Microsoft flight simulator 2020 installed on my PC through the Xbox Game Pass, however, I was wondering if I could purchase a full license for it but not have to completely re-install everythi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Edmeister2

Cant get msfs to activate

I purchased the DVD version. It took three hours to load. But I can't get it to activate. Do I need to do a reinstall? Help, please!  I have all the previous versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator, so I am not new to the hobby. Thanks in advance, Edmei...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
scorpio48

Trouble with your graphic card, memory . Read this! FS2020

First, My thanks to RadarMan for his conversations during these past few weeks. It helped to keep me Sane. Since I bought FS2020 a few months ago I had nothing but trouble with it, freezing, crashing, and very long time lags. For several frustrating wee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
scorpio48

WARNING ! Geforce Driver. Version 460.79

Hi Thought I would post this here. Installed the Geforce Game Ready Driver update Version 460.79. It made MSFS 2020 completely unstable. Program crashed three times after installing the new Nvidia driver. Rolled back the driver and all was well.  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Ian - Guest

Garmin 1000 tutorial

I've looked everywhere to try and find a video tutorial on the FS2020 Garmin 1000 loaded into the Beechwood Baron and have been unable to do so.  I'm hoping this community can either point me in the right direction or help with a few questions. How do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Gmpaul

MS FS2020 and Saitek controls

Just got the MS FS2020 on a high-end gaming computer and have the Saitek yoke and controls and the pedals. When I am running the descent on the simulator, the Saitek controls suddenly seem to disconnect from the sim, and the plane crashes.  I updated all...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Jon Reid

MSFS2020 hot air balloon.

What's the chances of getting a Hot Air balloon in MSFS2020? With the new improved graphics I feel it would be a great way to fly. Obvs the ball on would have to look better than the fsx one.   ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
scorpio48

Sky Vector. Some advice needed, please

Hi, Up to now, I have been using SimBrief for flight planning. I have just discovered Sky Vector, which seems a little better. (at first glance). I understand that it's used by real (true life, not simulator) pilots. Are any other users out there I ne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
scorpio48

Increase Frame Rates Significantly.

Hi All I don't know why or how this works, but I have done it a dozen or more times and it does. If you load MSFS 2020 normally, and then close it 'back to your desktop' without running anything, reload it straight away and I found a significant rise in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
nottobe

Does FS2020 scenery change color as the seasons change?

I'm in the North East and it just snowed last night, but the trees and vegetation in FS2020 are still lush and green, it doesn't look like winter at all. Anything wrong? BTW it's set to real weather....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
scorpio48

Flight Plan v ATC?

Hi All, Is there any way to get ATC flight instructions to match your Flight Plan? Altitude, Heading Etc. I know about requesting altitude increase/ decrease and 'follow your own navigation' Etc, but if following IFR rules under ATC the instructions se...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
scorpio48

SimBrief Flight plans, I need advice.

Hi, I have only just started using the SimBrief flight plan generator, after using the built-in one. A couple of questions before I start using it for my sim flights. 1) Do I have to copy the SimBrief flight plan into the built-in flight plan generator...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
scorpio48

Free UK approach charts Etc Available

For those interested I found this site by accident Once loaded, look at the left sidebar and click on AD2 Aerodromes. This will bring up a list of UK airports  Just click on the Airport required. This will bring up a list of information about that ai...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
edkeyse

where is the Airplane file located on MSFS

I have downloaded the Mitsubishi Pajero Auto (An FSX Update for MSFS) and want to put it in the "Airplane" file to activate and "Fly" Drive on the roads. I could do this easily in FSX but I can't 'Read" MSFS files to know where Aircraft is located....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Phill Dant

Setting Real Time as Default

Is there a way to set real-time as the default? Every time I load the sim or change aircraft I have to go into the weather drop-down and select real time....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
MollyMax

I just want to fly a Boeing 787 from point a to point b with an ILS landing.

Simple request because I'm a Mac user and so don't know much about computers. MSFS will arrange a flight plan for me between any two airports. I don't know how to get the flight plan into the Boeing 787 FMC so I can auto-navigate to an ILS approach and l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
GULLIVER

MSFS IN MULTISCREEN

Mr. Stephens thanks a lot for the exhaustive instruction. Unfortunately, I couldn’t go beyond the first step because in my MSFS the command CTRL+ALT+X activates the AI pilot. It surely is a default assignment, since I’ve never changed it (I didn’t e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GULLIVER on
nottobe

World airport diagrams and approach plates

There are plenty of US airport and arrival information but world airport info is next to none, been googling for 2 days, didn't find any. Any suggestion?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
BrottHoliday

Missing _CVT Folder when Importing FSX Files

I have been having trouble getting the _CVT folders to import using the Legacy file converter and FSX files downloaded from Fly Away. The plane seems to be there and you can take off, but does not render or appear visible in the third person or cockpit vi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
SlickWilly

Military Aircraft Add-on - P-3 Orion

Does MSFS 2020 have the P-3 Orion for an addon? Where can I find military aircraft to addon my simulator?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

Which pre-built PC should I get to run FS2020?

I am an old guy who knows just enough about computers to do basic stuff. I have used the old MS flight sims in the past. I used to fly real planes but have had no PIC time in over 30 years. The required spec charts mean nothing to me so they are no help. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Mamn3th

Problem installing Mykrodian MX1 (Experimental) Ultralight

I am new to Fly Away, and MFS 2020 as well and really hope someone here can help me... I downloaded the zip and then watched every video I could find on installing Add-On aircraft. All said to find the aircraft folder in the zip and move it to the Comuni...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Georgewk

FS2020 scenery bland, how to fix?

Hi, when I visit the Texas Gulf Potash Ponds they are not in color.  Sorry to be dense but can not figure out how to add to the scenery.  If you can help, thanks.  George...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Ansettman

A330-900neo Freeware

Okay, I have unzipped the folder msfs-native-a330-900neo to my packages/community folder which, by the way, is located on a separate drive to save space and speed things up a little. The aircraft does not show up! is there something else I am not doing co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
LTCSZ

PMDG DC-6 by PMDG Simulations?

Has anyone here purchased and flown the PMDG DC-6? I have a serious craving for this aircraft but wanted some experienced opinions before I purchase it...I have never paid as much for any simulator add-on and sure would appreciate any advice given! Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
LTCSZ

Serious Help With exe.xml File Needed

I am desperate...Apparently, my exe.xml file has been corrupted and I can no longer run the simulator...It returns me to the desktop immediately after the "Game Of The Year" splash screen...I had just purchased the Bravo Throttle Quadrant and tried to ins...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
AirRide

AN225 freeware add on not loading after MSFS updates

This lovely aircraft was flyable until about Nov. 2021 - before some major MSFS update. Since then, this addon along with several other freeware scenery and airports show up in my Installed/Update/etc. list along with another 400+ but none of these 6 will...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jlaurie

Cannot up load any new aircraft files.

They show up in the Community folder but not in the game. Used to be able but cannot any longer. Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
pauliklet

When will be the DC-3 be finished for MSFS 2020?

When will the airplane DC-3 be finished for MSFS 2020?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jlaurie

MSFS Bombardier CRJ-700 Freeware (Port-Over)

This add on will not show up in my MSFS game. I have followed the instructions explicity and still no joy. What is wrong?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
MARTYJAX

Autopilot for Airliners

Is anyone else having problems with the autopilot working on ALL airliners with the exception of the A320 NEO...once I get to near cruising altitude I try to connect and the aircraft will not follow it's assigned flight plan....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Rob Matthews

MSFS 2023 on the Steam Deck Controls

Hello. I am using MSFS on Xbox and Steam Deck. It runs wonderfully on both formats except for one issue on Steam Deck, when I want to point the plane(s) downward or upwards using the left joystick with the Xbox controller emulator on Steam Deck, it zooms ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Paco Jimenez

Tips for Buying MSFS

Thank you.  Well Good afternoon: I would like to know how to download the intermediate version of MSFS step by step. Well, I must have entered a pirate page and I was lucky that the bank returned my money, but not before demonstrating that I had followed...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Arnold Basler

Download of MSFS2020 on new computer

I purchased MSFS 2020 Standard from Microsoft Store in 2020. I registered on my Microsoft account on my new computer and it was confirmed, even though I own MSFS 2020. Then I clicked download which was done very quickly and then I could click Play, but no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
GULLIVER

MSFS2020 - Keys blue and multiscreen

Dear. For about ten days I switched from FSX to MSFS2020. I am in 2 big difficulties: 1) I can't get the keys (controls, switches, buttons, etc) on the cockpit to work. When I hover over them with the mouse they light up blue (like neon) but they don'...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Crispian

Activating hard copy MSFS2020

I have a legitimate copy of MSFS 2020 on 10 DVDs. I loaded the 10 DVDs onto my PC and then lost the screen that allows you to put in the activation code before I had a chance to enter the code from the boxed set. How do I get to the activation screen a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
john eustice

Not enough space

I had to do a clean reinstall of my Windows 11 operating system and since I have been unable to reinstall my Microsoft flight simulator. What do I need to do to get it installed properly?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
MottiMan

Removing unwanted airports/planes to save disk space

Hi, I have a dedicated 500Gb disk for MFS2020, but it is getting full. How can I delete what I do not use/need to free up disk space? Why are we forced to download new scenery if we don't want it? Can you configure MFS2020 to continue saving on another di...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MottiMan on
MottiMan

Saving and recalling flight setups

Hi. In early versions of MSFS2020, you could save your start configuration (aircraft, takeoff airport, etc, etc) and then recall it to start over. Even pause a flight and save the position to continue later. It seems that this option has been removed, or ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MottiMan on
Jim French

What navigation program should I use on MSFS?

What navigation program should I use on MSFS?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
lekroege

Stop program from applying full throttle 200' from runway when landing

The program applies full throttle 200' from the runway when landing, using Logitech Extreme 3D Pro HOTAS. The problem started when I had about 480 hours of flying time. I have mostly easy setting in options. AI-assisted landing is turned off. All I can d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
John Hinestrosa

Views through objects

I'm unable to set my views in order to see through objects or simply inside the passenger cabin. What need to do? I'm a user of Track Ir and disable it on the upper button but nothing allows it to go through! I really appreciate your help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
GULLIVER

MSFS2020 IN MULTISCREEN

My desktop computer is set as follows: surround monitors (Nvidia Geforce  GTX 1060 6GB):- Above 1 multiscreen 5760x1080x32 (3 monitors 24")- Below: 1  touch-screen 24"monitorQUESTION: How should I set up MSFS to show the external scenery ONLY (withou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
David McGuinness

Tower View & replay

Is there a way of getting a tower view as in FSX? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
carlcat

Installing problem with hard copy

I was able to install all the disks on my hard drive, I typed in the code that was on the card that came with the game and redeemed a new code. There's a box that says next on the page but it's ghosted so I'm stuck at this point. Now, I have to tell yo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Bryan Guilbeau

Is MSFS different from FS2004?

Is MSFS different from FS2004?  I ask because FS2004 is what I run on Win 8.1 computer. I would like to use your downloads if there are any available for FS2004. Thanks -- Bryan G....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
John Banks

I use 3, 32 inch 1440P monitors: running in Ultra?

I'm hoping to determine what I need to run FS2020 stutter-free with at least a constant fps of 30 at any scenery location using ULTRA settings.  Has anyone determined what hardware setup is required to run FS2020 in ULTRA?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Donald Blower

Making that first flight

How do I start flying with Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS/FS2020) My keenest interest is WW1 flying, but just making a first flight is eluding me, having bought the Steam 2020 version....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

7 pages with 302 questions.

previous1234567next
Page 4 of 7