Microsoft Flight Simulator: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Simon van Straten

Troubleshooting Invisible Aircraft added to MSFS Community Folder

What do I do wrong to add an airplane to the community folder but it is not visible? I have done everything that you can find to do the right procedure. Must I reinstall the flight sim? (10 CD's) I hope someone can help to solve my problem....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Nelson Machado

Using MSFS 2020 for World Exploration without Flying

Dear Sirs: Maybe this is the wrong place for this question, but I searched everywhere and could not find what I want: At the moment, I am not interested in "piloting" a plane, but I would like to use MSFS as a sightseeing tool all over the world... Is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Nelson Machado on
Francois Lafreniere

Seeking Addon for Real-Time Air Traffic without Delays in MSFS

Is there an addon that has no time delay for showing real-time live traffic in MSFS? (I'm currently using FSLTL with FS Traffic with a real-time delay of several minutes)....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Buddyslick

Adjusting Cockpit Callout Volume During Landing

Hi all. When I'm landing a big jet...I can barely hear the footage countdown In the cockpit...50....40....30....etc. is there any way to turn this up? My sound sliders in the MSFS program are at 100%. Thx.......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Chuck Studebaker

Trouble Running Microsoft Flight Simulator on Apple Mac Mini with M1 Chip via Steam

I have an Apple Mac Mini with the M1 chip and 16 GB of memory but have been unable to get the Steam Flight sim to work.....any help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
mike oconnell

Reinstalling 3rd Party Aircraft and Fixing Lnav Issues After Transferring MSFS2020

I recently transferred MSFS2020 from my C-drive to my new D-drive, how do I reinstall my 3rd party aircraft and how do I get my Lnav on my autopilot working again, which currently is not working, on my commercial jets???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
M Cowan

Removing the Sun Visor in Virtual Cockpit: No Clickable Areas Detected

How do get rid of the sun visor? I'm in the VC and there's no click spots....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jbguida

Optimizing Manual Flight Techniques in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Without App Assistance

How do I make a clean flight without help from the app?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
MikeJH

Unexpected Excess Items in Content Manager Post-Marketplace Access: Resolutions?

Has anyone experienced this, everything has been fine up to a few days ago. I was downloading/installing some of the items I had purchased in the sale. I selected the next one & when I selected CONTENT MANAGER the listing that came was different from usu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Stewart Lindenberger

Optimal SSD Partitioning for MSFS 2020 Graphics Buffer

I am currently running a 500Gb SSD dedicated to be the graphics buffer for MSFS2020. I am considering replacing the drive with a 4Tb SSD and dedicating a 500Gb partition on that new drive to be the buffer. Would that cause any problems, as long as the o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wstewl on
Mel Ward

Choosing Between Gaming Laptop and Xbox for Flight Sim: Compatibility with Older Add-Ons

Hi Seeking advice from you and your more knowledgeable and experienced users. I used to have a laptop which I had Microsoft Flight deluxe edition Sim loaded on which then went belly up. Rather than bog down my new laptop with reloading the Flight Si...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
johannes de jong

Challenges with Ailerons and Elevator Control in MS2020 Using Saitek X55 Stick and Dual Throttle

I have the MS2020 from the beginning of the sale and have the Saitek X55 stick and dual throttle, and Thrustmaster pendular rudder. The rudder and brakes are working, and the throttles are also working, but the ailerons and elevator move a little bit a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
joranamos

Considering MSFS on Steam vs. Direct PC Version: What's Best for Beginners?

I am thinking of starting on MSFS on Steam instead of buying the software for PC - is it the right decision? Pros There is no initial investment if I find that it's not for me I can start with the base and buy more options later It is a much cheap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
John M

KX-165 Nav Radio Issues: HSI Gauge Sporadic Movement & Auto-Pilot Connection Challenges

Hello, back again With nav radio KX-165 correctly tuned and active, the HSI gauge doesn't seem to move unless it wants to, and then only sporadically. The mouse can make all the adjustments needed, but still no good. The mouse can adjust the heading bug ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Bob Sment

Issues with Ground Service Vehicle Collision and AI Altitude Accuracy in FS2020

Have been using FS2020 since the initial release. Two questions: When taxiing, ground service vehicles interfere with the path of the taxi (they don't move out of the path and their wings slice through vehicles). When using AI mode, aircraft never ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
OSE159

How to Adjust the Sound Levels of Intercepted Identifiers (VOR/NDR/ILS)

hi, sound level of identifiers when intercepted (VOR/NDR/ILS) is very low. How to increase them? Thanks in advance Claudio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Ron Hayman

Adjusting the Roll Rate for Asobo L-39 Jets in MSFS 2020

I recently purchased the L-39 jet package online in MSFS 2020.  When I fly them, the roll rate is painfully slow, taking about 5 seconds for a 360-degree roll.  Is this normal for the simulator?  I recently saw a couple of real ones flying at an air sh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
harmen43

How do I fix an elevation problem in taxiway B of EHAM in MSFS 2020

Taxiing there is a huge hole on the taxiway B. How is this to fix?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
harmen43 on
flying Scotsman

Issues Transferring Flight Plan to GNS 530/430 in Just Flight PA28 161

Just Flight PA28 161 - Flight Plan does not transfer to 530/430....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Willem Venema

Troubleshooting Non-functional Glass Cockpits in Aircraft

None of my planes with glass cockpits work, that is to say, the planes fly well but none of them have working glass shields and I have no idea why that is. Planes with conventional cockpits like the DC3 work fine!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Patrice Amaniera

Post-flight Crashes in MSFS 2020: Seeking Solutions for Unexpected Closures 15 Minutes After Landing

Good morning, My MSFS 2020 closes about 15 minutes after each flight. Do you have any idea why? Thanks in advance. MY CONFIGURATION SUMMARY Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHzRAM 4x8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Roy Hayday

Best Practices for Upgrading to a Larger SSD for Flight Simulators

What's the best and safest way to update to a larger SSD Drive?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Alan Christmas

Resolving Endless Update Loop Issue in MSFS

How do I stop M.S.F.S. in an endless loop looking for updates? The program suddenly decided to stop loading and instead searched for updates. It has previously been working fine for six months plus. I've deleted my scenery add-on and checked the update ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Arlin

Lockheed P3 Orion in MSFS 2020: Availability and Alternatives

Easy question, as a former naval flight engineer, is the Lockheed P3 Orion available for MSFS 2020?  I have in excess of 4,000 hours in the real aircraft and would enjoy having a flight simulator version. I have searched but no luck in finding it. Now th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Bill T

How to Initiate and Control Push-Back in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?

Is there a push-back command in 2020 as there was in FSX?    In FSX it was Shift + P, then a 1 or 2 if wanting left or right. I am using general aircraft in parking spots, not airliners at the gate. Thanks, Bill...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
tommylaws1

Setting Up Multiple Touch Screen Monitors for Flight Simulator Configuration with Peripheral Integration

Please forgive the detail on my grandson's a-building flight simulator (they both are now doing flight training in the initial format in a C-172) and both want to become pilots. Aso, even though I am a retired military and FAA ATC, I am new to Windows ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Dennis Niziol

Affordable Gaming PCs for Smooth MSFS 2020 Performance under £1000

I want to buy a new gaming computer that doesn't cost an arm and a leg that will play MSFS 2020 without difficulty. I Want to stay as close to £1000 as possible. Any reputable suggestions??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Donald Evans

Issues Receiving GSU VOR Signal in Atlanta Area on MSFS2020

I fly in and around Atlanta in many different aircraft tuned to GSU VOR and have not received the signal. I am typically VFR, 4500 to 9500 feet. I am using MSFS2020, and Win 11 on a top-of-the-line computer....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Geoff Davey

Exit runway taxi ribbon

The appearance of the taxi ribbon to gate after landing does not always appear.  Has anyone else noticed this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Geoff Davey on
John Mayfield

Troubleshooting Non-Responsive Navigation Gauges in Air Manager for FS2020

I am fairly new to FS2020 (4-5 months) and can't fly this sim without my gauges. Read about Air Manager and it has changed the sim for me. Now I can tell where I'm at and see where I'm going  At first everything worked fine and most everything seemed ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
John Mayfield on
LostJet78558676

Comprehensive Guide to Keyboard Controls and Their Functions

Is there a directory as to which keyboard keys do what?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
James Jackson

Why is the MSFS Install Downloading at a Sluggish Rate?

Recently, I decided to delve into the world of aviation simulation and picked up the Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release. Before I could soar the skies virtually, I faced a hiccup: the download process. Specifically, I've observed that my downl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Trevor Petty

Really, how accurate and realistic is MSFS compared to the real-world?

So, I hold a PPL and fly as often as I can from my local airfield.  I have no commercial aviation experience but am curious. I wonder, how realistic and accurate is the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator release compared to the real world?  How realis...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Will Critchlow

Why Does Microsoft Flight Simulator Keep Crashing?

Lately, I've embarked on (or at least attempted) several flights. However, I've encountered a nagging issue. The software seems to crash intermittently. Has anyone else experienced this with MSFS 2020? I'm curious: What might be the primary factors causin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Stephen Church

How Much Does Microsoft Flight Simulator Really Cost for a Budget-Conscious User?

I'm diving into the world of PC flight simulation and I've been eyeballing the 2020 release of the Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) for a while. Before I take the plunge, I've got some financial constraints and need clarity on a few things: What's the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Jason Lim

Which Aircraft Are Included in the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Release?

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the PC flight simulation scene and recently got my hands on the 2020 release of Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS). I've been exploring the software and, to be honest, it's a tad overwhelming (in a good way!). Now, I've been...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Nicholas Robinson

How Much Storage Does MSFS Require, and What Factors Impact This Requirement?

Hi there, I'm diving into the world of PC flight simulation with the Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release, and I've encountered a seemingly simple, yet crucial query. Just how much storage space does this particular simulator demand on a stan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Montgomery Bonner

Best Flight Yoke for Commercial (737-747)

There are 3 yokes many simmers are either commenting on or own.  All three seem to have trade-offs. They are: Yoko "the Yoke Plus"-somewhere in the 900-1,000 us dollar range. The downsides are price, clamping system.  Everyone loves the quality of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
TheDazzler

Trouble Enabling Unlimited Fuel on Multiple Aircraft - Need Assistance

Hi All I'm trying to fly any plane with unlimited fuel but keep on running out - settings are on all assist, A320 is my primary aircraft at the moment as it seems to be the only one with liveries, however, I'm finding the problem with all aircraft. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Guido Deleide

Recommended PC Specs for Running MSFS: Can I Use a Mini-PC?

I'd like to buy MSFS but I have an old HP PC. Could you suggest me a commercial-suitable pc? It is possible to use mini-PC? Thanks  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
samv992

New Laptop - Want To Play FS

Hello guys, I have purchased a new laptop with the following specs: i7-12700h 16GB DDR5 RAM RTX 3070ti 8GB 1TB SSD I plan on playing FS and purchasing/downloading aircraft, scenery and tools addons to be able to improve my Flight Sim experienc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Stuart Ord

Can you help convert the Corby Starlet model to be able to run in FS2020?

I downloaded Fly Away Simulation's model of G-CCXO when it came out, and flew it on FSX. I owned and flew the actual aircraft at the time. I've stopped full-size flying now as my age advances, and I sold my aircraft in 2022 and started simming again. I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Roar Moe

reactivate product key for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Hey. I just bought Flightsim 2020. After installing my computer crashed. I have just bought a brand new computer but now I can not activate the fs2020 because the key for activating already was used on the broken computer. What do I do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Crocodilo

Marketplace Issue - Unable to Buy

Hello! I am unable to buy anything in the Marketplace. The buying starts, but the initial small screen disappears, and the buying is marked as suspended and seconds later as canceled. What can be the problem?  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jlaurie

F12 screen capture key no longer works

Something happened with the MSFS2020 Steam F12 screen capture key. It no longer works. Nothing happens when I hit this key during a flight. Has worked just fine for years now but suddnly doesn't. No on screen capture notification, nothing.. Steam doesn't...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
hunterjet

new USA update

Does anyone know why I have lost my New York building since the USA update all the buildings are just pointed objects.   Anyone found the same thing?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
chopperaddict

Cannot adjust almost ALL instrument values in FS2020 in ALL

I am going barking mad with this problem. I am a licensed pilot, so I know how to adjust instruments, but in FS2020, they just go mad. This happens in ALL adjustable areas, Hdg, Alt, Nav radios, etc. Let's just take one example, the set altitude adjus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
scorpio48

Graphic card, memory problems. Read this ! FS 2020

First, My thanks to RadarMan for his conversations during these past few weeks. It helped to keep me Sane. Since I bought FS2020 a few months ago I had nothing but trouble with it, freezing, crashing, and very long time lags. For several frustrating wee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
nottobe

How to you compare XPlane and P3D to MSFS 2020?

I'm completely unfamiliar with these two sims, are they quite similar to MSFS2020 in every aspect? Do they have a season change? The only reason I want to leave FS20 is that there's only summer scenery. I still see lush and green in Maine, totally unreali...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Tintin777

Hardware for MSFS2020

I have an i7 3770 CPU, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, and 16 GB ram. will this be enough to run MSFS2020? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

6 pages with 300 questions.

previous123456next
Page 3 of 6