Microsoft Flight Simulator: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

jlaurie

Cockpit pop ups

How can I activate these pop-ups like the one for example that supposedly allows you to hide the yoke but as much as it lights up when selected it will not perform the activity it's supposed to. There must be an orientation selection that I haven't mad...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
New to the Flying World

New to the World of Flying and need Your Recommendations

I am new to the Flying Community and intend to purchase MSFS 2020 shortly. I was told that there is some restriction that MS puts on you in the version purchased directly from Microsoft and that I should buy my copy from Steam online.   Is there any tru...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

Operating buttons in FS2020

Must I use the mouse to select buttons/settings on the instrument panel? I have USB hardware modules for FSX but don't think they will work with fs2020 yet....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Roddy Jones

FS2020 Add On problems

Having purchased the full De Lux version of the new FS2020 and I have still the original 1982 versions plus 95, 98, 2000 leading up to this latest version,and to be honest it's given me lots of satisfaction using skill and judgement when flying whether do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
LTCSZ

Need Assistance With External Views Please!

Here I sit in front of my computer as frustrated as Elizabeth Taylor's eighth husband on their wedding night...I have been trying to set up some exterior views to no avail...Here's what I have been trying to accomplish: Starting out simply, I want to prog...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Biagio58

Flight Log

Hi, I would like to know if, in the new MSFS 2020, it is possible to change the data that is recorded every time a flight session is opened. (e.g. I start a flight but interrupt the session before taking off, this will still be written to the log but I wo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jlaurie

Scenery degraded

All my mountainous scenery has degraded since I installed the latest Oceana and Antarctic upgrade. Just the rock textures mostly as well as some ground definition. Still clear as usual but lacking previous details like sharp rock faces and well-defined cr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Jacques Guay

Is MSFS Stand-Alone or can it only run on Xbox?

MSFS.  The question is the following:  Is this a stand-alone similar to FSX?  Or is it an XBOX thing?  Not sure now that I want to purchase it.  Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
K-R-CAMARO

Re: Gaming Service not loading MSFS 2020

Can anyone help with the failure of MSFS2020 to load now that MS has given it to the Xbox "Gaming Service" I have tried everything.  I do have the Nov,18 updates and it worked fine. Now, however, no matter how I attempt to load the program it goes to a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jlaurie

Bypass mandatory update requirement

My MSFS2020 (Steam edition) will not load without going through the last Mandatory update program, over and over.... which takes on an average of 8-12 hours to download and install this update. Is there a way to negate that requirement?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Pete921

Are the radio replys similar to FSX

I am interested in buying MSFS but would like to know about the radio and frequencies. When ATC contacts you to change frequency, must you manually dial in the frequency, or is it like FSX where you can just push "1" on the keyboard to change frequency??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
mathurpc

Cannot switch cockpit views

There are default keyboard settings for Cockpit Look Right (SHIFT+RIGHT) and Cockpit Look Left (SHIFT+LEFT). But these do not work in my setup. All other settings work fine. Can somebody help me please. Pramod...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
LTCSZ

Ground Steering With Yoke?

Hello: I am using the Alpha Yoke with MS2020…I do not have rudder pedals (Yet!), so I have the “Auto Rudder” set to on…But, this seems to have no effect when trying to steer on the ground…Is there a way I can set my yoke to use the rudder contro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Bigbaz78

Free Flight in Flight Simulator 2020

I am new to flight simulation and am considering the purchase of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 but have been told you cannot just free fly without submitting a flight plan first. Is this correct? If it is I find this very strange and it is not a require...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Daraious

MSFS 2020 SPOILERS ARMING AND AUTO DEPLOYMENT

Is there a way to "arm" the spoilers the way we could do it in FSX with ( SHIFT + / ) ? It was a handy way to have the spoilers deploy automatically on touch down.  At the moment all I could find was the straight "deployment" using the "/" on the numeri...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Bill Gallagher

The throttle goes to full power after landing

I'm using the Logitec flight yoke and throttle quadrant. All the controls work fine before and during flight. After touchdown I have an issue with the throttle going to full power in spite of the fact the throttle lever in the quadrant is full off. Does a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Wilco2023

Installation Issue

I want the option to play on a second pc if required, how do open/run sync data on a second pc. I log on to MS account 2nd PC, open sim installation manager, I have to download the game again even if it is installed on an external d: drive and works o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Kalnon

No Missions???

The first thing I did after buying, installing, and running FS2020 for the first time was look for missions like FSX has.  Took me a minute to realize there are none.  I'm so very sad.  The missions were totally the best part of FSX so I just don't und...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

General about FS2020

I have the old FSX, not even sure which edition.   I really enjoy it.  All I want to do is fly occasionally. I have an old Yoke and Thrust Master Joy Stick.  I am interested in getting the new FS2020 but in researching and listening to YouTube videos ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jlaurie

Marketplace Greyed out

On my main MSFS menu page the Marketplace area is greyed out and not accessible. Anyone else have that problem or know why its ocurred?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Grampy

Which Computer?

I need a serious upgrade to my system to run this.  Which Computer do you all suggest I buy?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Steven Tuck

Long flights and VATSIM question...

What do you do on a long flight ?? Do you folks really sit at the sim for 2/3 or more hours ?? Also, I like flying on the Vatsim network. Is there a good airline that has routes that normally have ATC (Vatsim) ??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
bvernick

Added a plane in community folder cant see it

I downloaded the new cj4 mod v. 0.7.2 and put it into the community folder but when I restart MSFS I dont see the plane. What am I doing wrong??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
scorpio48

RAM Upgrade need help with windows store ????

Hi, I have just upgraded my RAM to max out my computer. its now 32 Gigs. Everythin is OK with my machine, even did a Memory diagnostic check to make sure, and all is well. However when I went into Windows Store to check for updates, my computer specs i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
hunterjet

Not able to start 2020

I today I can not start my 2020   A messgae says This app cant open MSF simulator because it is off line The storage devive might be missing or disconnected  But I am on line and I keep seeing 0X800704C6  Can someone offer help please   How done a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
iftikhari

Installation?

Hello There, new to flyawaysimulation for MSFS2020, some freewares come with read me file for installation and some suggest to go to knowledge centre. I can't seem to find my way around. I am looking to install the Zion National Park. can anyone help plea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
iftikhari on
reggie52

Community folder

I have downloaded ENSD - Sandane Airport and the C172sp. I transfer them to the coumminity folder. However, I cannot have access these new downloads. Any idea how to have access to them?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
iftikhari on

Using custom liveries on AI planes

I have a whole bunch of beautiful r/w airline liveries. Can these be used on the AI planes sitting at the gate, taxing, taking off, landing, etc? I get tired of seeing mustard color a/c sitting at the gate when we have so many new skins created by some ve...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
scorpio48

FMGS (Flight Management System General) or (FD-FMC) ????

Hi All, Several versions of comercial jets in '2000' have FMC's which seem to work. I have used these in FSX, but a different version. Any operation manual or links to the version used in '2000', or if anyone knows how to use these versions work would ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scorpio48 on
scorpio48

Desperately Need Tech Help. Please

Hi Can anyone advise me on this or give me some contact links where I can find answers. Problem is that the game often freezes during play for at least 15 seconds, usually more. I have the Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe version.The recommend...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scorpio48 on
Steve Morris

When installing free aircraft, unable to find that plane any

I installed a free aircraft, downloaded zip file, extracted it then put it in the Community folder by drag and drop, then tried to find the aircraft but it’s not there at all hmmm. What happened here, tried several planes but nothing. Notice under diffe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scorpio48 on
paulc732

Keyboard Overlay

Is there a keyboard overlay or sticker set for FS2020?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
gordon skager

How to access and play the game

I have downloaded the new FS2020 on a new Lenovo laptop. I can't open and play the game. All suggestions are welcome. I also want to say i'm disappointed that Microsoft hasn't given any information informing buyers what is required to access flight sim ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
philwhite100

Default C172 liveries.

I am looking for liveries for the Default C172 steam gauges version. I go some liveries but they only work on the Garmin version....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
hunterjet

Starting2020

2020 been working fine .   But today after start up and hitting any key nothing else comes uo, No sign about up dates it just will not move on. in the right lower of the sceen its show a sign spinning and thats all.  Any help please as to what the p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hunterjet on
Leroy Robbins

Can't find MSFS (2020) program files

Can't find MSFS (2020) program files on my hard drive in Windows 10 home edition. Need file location to add scenery, any help appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Kalnon on
hunterjet

loading 2020

I had to remove 2020 and reload,after the reload I had to load a 14.44 GiB patch. When going into the sim instead of  all the aircraft in my Premium Deluxe copy  that I should have. I have only 12 aircraft  one  of which is a airliner. Heathrow which ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Daddy mac

Locating the Files for FS2020

Can anybody tel me where I can find FS20 files in file explorer ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Leroy Robbins on
hunterjet

2020 2nd monitor use

When moving ATC to a 2nd monitor all is fine untill I use it Then the aircraft in the main monitor locks up.When I send it back to the main monitor the aircraft unlocks  The same with the map.Anyone know why please...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
JamesFrench

Can you have FSX and 2020 on the same computer?

Can you have both FSX and MSFS 2020 on the same computer and use both of them at different times? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JamesFrench on
hunterjet

Fs2020 Question about yoke lock up

Any one had problems with from time to time the yoke locking up for a while and then working again .some times after a few minutes other times after a longer time.?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Heinz Galler

Flsui 2020 lässt sich nicht downloaden und installieren

Ich habe seit Tagen, den Flugsimulator geschlossenzuladen. Leider komme ich nicht weit. Wenn ich den Button "entfernen" klicke ausgewählte eine Auswahlfenster mit dem Pfad, auf den ich entfernen möchte. Dann läuft ein blauer Balken von Links nach Recht...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Vitiare

Any third party aircraft coming?

Does anyone know if there are going to be additional aircraft added by third party creators or is this it?  I bought the standard version and while the assortment is nice, I was hoping for something like a T-6 Texan or the Honda Jet.   ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mancunianpcgamer on
bvernick

CH Eclispe Yoke

Does anyone have a map or diagram of how to manually program the yoke? It is disgraceful that MS did not provide this. I ordered a Honeycomb but it is on backorder and so now I am flying with a darn keyboard....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SCH

GPS IFR procedures for current plates Canada

Is there a way to get updated IFR procedures for the Northwest Territories, Canada in FS2020? I would like to load approaches in the GPS and practice using current plates....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Gavin Munro

0x80070005 Error on Download

I have solved the problem of not being able to start the FS2020 download. It seems you MUST have the Microsoft Store software on your PC or it will not work. Now when I start downloading within a few seconds it fails with error 0x80070005 which is a secu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jim Layton on
taryo

The graphic performance is not good

https://youtu.be/JuErawmCon8 we cant find a solution.  My PC meets the recommended specifications. The graphics level is high end. 1920×1080...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Playback/ video recording mode?

I've hadmy first few flights and am getting the hang of the view modes. One thing I can't find is the ability to playback the flight as a used to like to watch myself crash from the safety of the tower afterwards !  I've looked everywhere in the optio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
airbourne

Accessing the World map in game?

Does anyone know how to do this or how to make a flight plan in a prop after you have done your first flight. can you acccess the world map without going back into the main menu and exiting the game ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
airbourne

What Edition are you pre ordering?

Excited about MSFS?  Which edition will you be ordering and why ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mancunianpcgamer on

7 pages with 305 questions.

previous1234567next
Page 6 of 7