Microsoft Flight Simulator: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Bryan Guilbeau

Is MSFS different from FS2004?

Is MSFS different from FS2004?  I ask because FS2004 is what I run on Win 8.1 computer. I would like to use your downloads if there are any available for FS2004. Thanks -- Bryan G....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
John Banks

I use 3, 32 inch 1440P monitors: running in Ultra?

I'm hoping to determine what I need to run FS2020 stutter-free with at least a constant fps of 30 at any scenery location using ULTRA settings.  Has anyone determined what hardware setup is required to run FS2020 in ULTRA?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Donald Blower

Making that first flight

How do I start flying with Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS/FS2020) My keenest interest is WW1 flying, but just making a first flight is eluding me, having bought the Steam 2020 version....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Jacques Vincent

Saitek X52 Pro

Hello, I use the Saitek X52 Pro Joystick with FSX and MSFS 2020.  During the flight, I no longer have any control, the plane becomes uncontrollable, I restart the game, everything is fine for a few minutes and then it starts again! Someone told me on ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Pramod Mathur

Slow startup Time

Is anything being done to speed up the sim startup time?  Is there any way to decrease the sim loading time?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Kairasp (Ken) Daruwala

How to add airports you want to fly to?

I forgot to ask:- How to add airports you want to fly to i.e. from pt A to B in the given menu? Kairasp....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Kairasp (Ken) Daruwala

Multiple Questions About MSFS2020

I would like to know how you can scan the inside of the cockpit using your joystick. The joystick I am using is by Logitech (Extreme Pro). How you can freeze MSFS2020? How to start A-310 engines? How to delete aircraft from the present list? Thank...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
VinnyAF

PMDG 737-800 Landing Gear

When I raise the landing gear, the landing gear lever moves to the up position, the sound of the gear retracting is there, but the gear stays down and both the gear up and gear down indicators (red and green) are lit. I'm using SPAD.neXt....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jmargot

Instruments too dark to read them

Sorry to bother, but can anibody tell how I can make my cockpits clearer? I can't read my instruments but by zooming onto them, but then I have no outside view.  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
hatfieldbroadoak@protonma

Throttle erratic

When flying some aircraft, sometimes, I push the throttle forward and it bounce back and forth then goes to idle. Stay on idle. Change planes and it goes away....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Charles Prowse

water effects rendering and people rendering improvements

One thing I really miss in MSFS that I had in P3D is the excellent vortices from the engines on rainy take-offs, water dripping off fuselages, spray from the tires, and such. It is nice to have the heat waves that P3D did not have. Are water effects in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Bill Powers

World spinning

When I open up Microsoft flight simulator and try to file a flight plan the Earth just spins and Spins and Spins and will not stop.  I've been told to take my yoke and move it and it will stop but then it starts spinning again.  Is this a problem that i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
cwatts6507@gmail.com

Weather will not Download

My flight Sim will not download real-time weather can this be fixed?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Jay.Beckham

Draging MIP images to other monitors.

I want to drag the MIP (main instrument panel) images from my large-screen TV down to the monitors behind my MIP. Those monitors are attached to a separate PC....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Modugno

Reinstall MSFS: Won't Accept Used Serial

I installed MSFS 2022 via the original box, my HD crashed and when I attempt to reinstall it won't accept the already used serial/code. How to recover access?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jlaurie

Lost scenic definition

Somehow I've lost the definition of craggy mountain slopes I used to have. Now they appear only as 'poorly defined mounds' I'm no expert on the Options page in MSFS so, if anyone can help me fix this problem I'd certainly appreciate it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
dnimigon

Issues with MSFS Crashing & Updating

I have the sim running okay and downloaded the Alaska Bush Trip challenge. All seemed fine till I went to run it and it gets to the point showing the legs of the trip on screen and I click to load it and it gets to about I'd say 75% and then MSFS shuts do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
folding4

Want to place an order for FS2020 Disk(s)..

Good Day, I would like to know the procedure in sight of placing an order for FS2020 English US. Version physical disk version. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE... Best Regards, A.WEISHAUPT...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
lhops

Will we be able to communicate with ATC on FS2020

I have a copy of Pilot2ATC and enjoy using it with x plane 11.  Just wonder if I can use P2A on the new FS2020 or is that option built into the software?  Filing a Flight plan, talking with ATC and other things....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
reggie52

How to report problem to MSFS 2020 developers

At CYND Gatineau airport, the rotating beacon is placed right in the middle of the rwy 09/27 at the taxiway intersection. How do we proceed to get this anomaly corrected?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Fly High

How to remove Pop-ups on screen

Level at 10,000 ft I get a pop-up window "Airspeed above 74.0 kts.", with a decription of how to reduce airspeed in the climb. There are other windows as well, which are meaningless and annoying....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
mancunianpcgamer

Freeware and payware for the new flight simulator

Guess I'm hoping like everyone else that freeware aircraft, scenery, and liveries will be available and able to be installed on the new flight simulator. Would really like to see my 747-8 and A320 in some other airline liveries than just the Airbus and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

Is there a Lancaster Bomber version available for MSFS 2020?

Is there a Lancaster Bomber version available for MSFS 2020? I am a volunteer at the Historical Aircraft Museum in Windsor. We have a Lancaster being restored and I would like to show the plane in action on our tours....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

Downloadable Manual?

Does anyone know if MSFS 2020 will have an instruction manual we can download?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

installing fs 2020 from disk

Will I need a setup code for the disk MSFS version available at Amazon in the UK? I would be able to order it. I think my wireless speed is too slow for the download. And it would, be possible for me to have it shipped for not unreasonable postage. But I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
reggie52

Changing Aircraft indentification?

Hi everybody How can I change the aircraft identification from AS-XGS1 for an other ident.? Best regards, Reggie...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
TheDiamondNinja

Will my PC run fs2020?

My specs: Intel Core i7-7700k CPU (4 Core) 4.20GHz 16GB Ram GTX 1060 Not specs but i have around 1.2TB memory spare.  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
paulkolinsky

How to download freeware to fs2020 community folder

Have attempted to download to fs2020 and will not work. Have made sure that as instructed it goes to the community folder and could not get any joy. I did have success with Orbx London landmarks going to the community folder, so can not see why Fly Away S...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

Free flight ???

FS 2020 is a beautiful program visually. I am a lifetime aviator and just want to mess around and enjoy the scenery and do a little buzzing in other words - free flight. WTF!  In FSX you got to choose but this program will prang your A/C  out of your co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
rok

Sim Time Speed for FS2020

Will FS2020 have a sim time acceleration rate feature like the  FSX? EX: the X2 X4 X8 ext? I have not found that info anywhere. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Airframe Repair man

What Computer for FS 2020

What will be the best or next best tabletop computer for FS 2020?  Eventually, I may run 4 monitors and want to have smooth running scenery maxed out in ultra....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Brian Franklin

Creating MSFS 2020 Aircraft

Hi Guys, I wonder if anyone can assist. I used to create aircraft for FSX under the name Simshed and have been thinking about getting back into the game for MSFS 2020. I appreciate that the entire process will have changed so what I'm looking for is a bre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
ZippyDippy

Problem with Free Look Ruining Immersion Experience

I finally worked out how to get away from the preset views and use the touchpad to look around the cockpit (as this most closely resembles sitting in one) by using FREE LOOK only when I select this the cursor disappears so not only can I not operate the a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
willie091161

Camera Views to look Around The Plane like FSX

How can I get the camera to look around the plane (views) like in FSX where you have the inside, outside, tower, and ground views??  thank you....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jdm601

Air and airport Charts

Can anyone tell me where to get airport "Charts"?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
paul1071

what do i set to get brakes to work for a thrustmaster?

I cannot find what to select on my T-flight hostas-x controller for the brakes to work....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
oaktony

Installing MSFS/fs2020

I have bought and tried to install the program but it does not install. It takes over 18 hours to download from the internet and then after it downloads 130g of data it shows that it has to update and then after ten hours it is still updating and the gree...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
FrostbittenCanuck

Freeware installation FS2020

I downloaded and installed aircreation-582SL.zip and extracted it to the root directory as instructed, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\microsoft-aircreation582sl, and I can not see it in my useable Aircraft list. I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jlaurie

Aircraft direction

No matter what I do my aircraft all move in reverse whenever I release the parking brake. I've tried three different aircraft at three different airports, I've turned off FS2020 and restarted from scratch . . still have the same problem... Any suggestion...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
reggie52

Using ADF with MSFS 2020

With all versions of MSFS, I used ADF to fly NDB to NDB. It was easy to use the radio stack and tuned the appropriate frequency. I am not able to do that with 2020. I can't find how to use ADF and tuned frequency with the G1000. I would like also how to h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Chipmunk

Opening Screen City MSFS 2020?

What city is the opening screen on startup? MSFS 2020 Steam  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Roy Miller

Supported Languages?

Hi, I have managed to find out that MSFS 2020 is supported by 8 different languages. I really need to find out if all of the languages are available in every installation, or, if each installation is country/language specific. I am an Englishman living...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
T. Dayton

MSFS Mandatory Update Required Loop

For a couple of weeks now I have had MSFS start and once it gets to the screen with the Arc de Triumph in Paris pops up a box saying it needs a mandatory update from the Microsoft Store and I have the choice of OK, nothing else, so OK and we go to the sto...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jlaurie

Market Place won't sell

In MSFS 2020 I want to buy add-ons from Market Place in the sim. None of the items for sale will allow me to buy them. When I click on Purchase/Buy Now nothing happens.  It's worked in the past but now it won't....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jlaurie

Cannot scroll World Map

Used to be able to not only zoom in on the world map but also scroll sideways and up and down. . Now only zoom works. Any solution or advice will be greatly appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
LTCSZ

Where Is MS2020 On My Hard Drive?

I installed MS Flight Simulator 2020 on my D:/ drive using the default install routines...I can't find it! The simulator runs fine but how do I locate the "Community" folder where I need to install some additional scenery? There seems not to be a Folder a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jlaurie

Steering MSFS aircraft on the ground?

How do I steer a MSFS2020 aircraft on the ground using a Logitech Pro joystick?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Mark Brimble

MSFS 2020 sensitivities and lack of instruction.

Well, I have been playing around with MFS 2020 for over a week now and I have to say that it is shocking. Controls are way too sensitive instructions are dreadful and help is not available in short it is the biggest waste of £110.00 ever. I have altered ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
FSXBixby

Using the CH Eclipse Yoke and CH Throttle Quadrant with MSFS

How do I set up the CH Eclipse yoke and CH Throttle Quadrant to control the aircraft?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Georgewk

Missing Watched Bases

Hi, the recent mandatory update left me with the option to reinstall.  Now addons in the community folder do not load in the sim.  Seems the sim is looking elsewhere for these files.  Used to use Watched Bases to find this location.  WB is gone!  I a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

7 pages with 305 questions.

previous1234567next
Page 5 of 7