General: General Flight Simulation

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

benwarpup

aircraft won't download

I have tried to download the FSX UNITED AIRLINES BOEING 757-200W and FSX UNITED AIRLINES BOEING 777-200ER UPDATED. However, when I try to open the installer package, an icon appears that says "The application could not be installed because the installer f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Quietman1956

Ifly 747-400 v1

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1898/fsx-ifly-boeing-747-400/#editorial I downloaded this plane and in the directions on the download page it said to download the sids and stars from a site called http://PlanePath.com. I think this is a d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
B HUNTER

Freeware Connie: auto install / props are white discs...fix?

Tried several times to install the freeware Connie using the auto installer. The aircraft installs ok but the rotating props are white discs....how do I fix this ? I have the proper path and am installing it in FSX....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
b hunter on
Pete Dowson

VERY OLD and UNSUPPORTED EDITIONS of FSUIPC hosted here!

PLEASE remove the copies of FSUIPC you are hosting. Folks are finding them and installing them and wonder why they don't work with current editions of FS. Worse, they come to my Support Forum to ask for help, wasting my time. If you must host my files ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Ernest T Elephino

unlock hidden planes in fsx

How do I unlock hidden planes (grumman goose) in fsx. thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

FMS in Microsoft Flight Simulator

How can I use FMS/FMC in Microsoft Flight Simulator?. I bought one (FSX) with activation. I can click on GPS (for ex) and interact with it, but not FMC. Any help. Appreciation, Ali....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1up2down

Flying float planes

I like to fly float and sea planes but fed up of loading them to an airport and then moving them to the water. For a start, you do not end up in the water but above it and have to land before you can take off. Plus you have to go through the same process ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
James Smith

New FSX Aircraft from FS2004

Can I get some new FSX aircraft by porting them over from FS2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
David Cox

Gulfstream 550 for FSX download

Hi, Is it possible to get more features on the above download...... ie does it have the head up display? Best Regards Dc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
David Cox on
Benni

FSX Multiplayer Flightplan

I have a problem and need your help. I want to play FSX in Multiplayer and so i have to send the Tower my IFR Flightplan but I have no idea how to do that. Please help me quickly. Thanks for your Help. Benni...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
qigongdoctor

Aerosoft US Cities X VS. MegasceneryEarth Ultra-ResCities et

SCENERY: Everybody CLAIMS that THEIRS is the BEST, most Photo-realistic, and they are all mostly PAYWARE. I'm a USMC Disabled Viet Nam Vet, living on one check a month from the V.A., so my cash-flow doesn't really 'flow'. I discovered Flight S...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
qigongdoctor on
Paul Pursglove

Orkneys and Shetland scenery UK

I have just finished uploading my airport scenery for the Shetlands and Orkneys. The airfields are available at www.pterosaur.org.uk/FSX/ if anyone whants to have a go. Downloads are free and they have been tested on FSX Gold Acceleration and FSX-SE....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paul Pursglove on
qigongdoctor

New Aircraft planned? Sikorsky 2-97??

Hi All..... I've been looking for the new Sikorsky S-97 (next gen of the X2). Has anyone any plans to add this helicopter to the download library? I think the thing is fascinating, and I'd love to 'fly' it. This is my first post, and I haven't found w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
qigongdoctor on

gilbert1@shaw.ca

On my fs4 version the flight director shows both vertical and horizontal crosshairs to guide aircraft manually. On my FSX the crosshair works fine for altitude but not for course. If FD is on and I enter altitude and press button to activate and then ch...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
jackfromva

Problems with Windows 10?

I recently updated to Windows 10 (Lord, why did I do that?). The only way I can start FSX is to navigate to the program in file manager and start from there. Even the "Pin to Start" feature refuses to put FSX on the list. When I do get FSX up and run...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jackfromva on

Can't re-install FSX error

re-install FSX error RESETDLSL wont run windows 10...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Magnafique

installing Microsoft flight simulator 2004 in Windows 7

I bought FS2004 several years ago and ran it on Windows XP with several add ons. I loaded it on Windows 7 and it loads but will not start up. I asked for help with some computer techs in INDIA and they spent several hours trying to figure it out with no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
LarryV

ASA On Top 9.5

Hi, Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of ASA On Top 9.5? Thanks. Larry...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
evans3588

Adding a Hanger at my local FSX airport

I would like to add a hanger at my local airport so that I can start FSX-SE or FSX with my plane placed in that hanger. I have read articles, watched tutorials and tried more times than I can count to get this done using sketchup make 2015 and modelconver...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
evans3588 on
wilfran

F9F Panther guages

Hi, I have downloaded the F9F Panther, and although it flies OK the gauges are blurred and don't appear to be functioning. I have tried putting the gauges file into the FSX gauges file to no avail. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you Wafu. ԅ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cadmus

Multi-Core Environment Advance Booster

How to setup and use the Multi-Core Environment Advance Booster can someone help me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ColinBeckman

De Hav Comet download for FS2004

Hi Everyone I am a bit new to downloading sceney and aicraft files. I have downloaded a few aircraft successfully but not having much luck with scenery files however the last file as above has loaded ok, except the aircraft has no landing gear. I also hav...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ColinBeckman on
djhoerauf

objects are black

HI, my fsx is normal besides the fact that most things are completely black. (Ex. Carrier, water tank, gates, atc, cars, bridges, ships and boats, and most other buildings) besides that everything is fine, but i wanted to know if someone can help me get ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Importing planes FS 2002

How do I add new planes from Fly Away into FS 2002.

I am about to go crazy. Had have had FS 2002 for many years on old XP computer. I just set it back up and downloaded some planes etc. from Fly Away. I cannot figure out how to Load them or import them into FS 2002. I have never tried to add new ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Marc Clinton

Aileron steering problem

Hi, Flight Simmers! How to fix the aileron steering in FSX? It's not so realistic when I test my flight controls while taxiing and the aircraft just going out of the taxiway. Ailerons are for banking not for steering, right? Can someone help me? 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Help! cab file corrupted

Hello, can anyone help me? I tried to reinstall my FSX Deluxe from my DVDs and it stopped as the cab file #7 on the first DVD is not readable anymore or corrupted Can anyone send me a copy of this file ? (patinho1963@gmail.com) Thanks a lot!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
ILS approach for FS2004

ILS approach

Sorry, but mine actually a question. I am very novice. I would like to know why ILS approach systems are active on some airports and not on others even though ATC suggests the approach. For example, I can ILS approach for Burgas, Bulgaria (Small airport) ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
BARRY1129

Static, scratchy sound in FSX but not FS9

Whenever I start FSX, right at the outset, the sound becomes very static as though there is interference. My sound system checks out ok'ey and I am able to experience great sound in every other venue. Also, the motion of the airplane that I happen to be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Guest1

PLane doesn't take off

Hello everyone, Any jet, (apart from Bombardier), I try to take off at even major airports such as Gatwick or London Heathrow don't take off, they eventually take off miles away after the runway strip- why is this happening? I have flaps set correct...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

NavLog print problem

Newbe, Using fx gold addition and have been unable to print from it. I have been able to print from other parts of program but not here. Has anyone else run into this problem and how do you fix it. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
louisdelan

ILS problem at halim airport

I have a problem with my GPS approach to a particular airport. When trying to set up approach to Halim airport (WIHH) using GPS it causes fsx to freeze. Using GPS to set a course to Halim destination does not cause any problem using the GPS. This problem ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
444Pilot

Best PC Platform for FS9/ X now that XP isn't available...

I'm checking back in on this forum after a long hiatus. I'm also in the tedious process of rebuilding my Flight Sim (from the ground up with a new platform) after a 3-year long layoff (in other words, I haven't actually touched a sim in 3 years). I am awa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
444Pilot on
Installing AI traffic

Installing AI Traffic & AI Flight Plans

Can anyone out there tell me witch of the FSX folders do I place the AI Traffic and AI Flight Plans into without using a Auto Installer ? Any help anyone can give me will be greatly appeased . Thanks for your time . Hondoe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jimrandazzo

Problem with network

Anyone else having an 'Unknown Network Problem' stopping downloads from the site? :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Satish Chandra

V22 Osprey Flight Simulator for Android

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/39102/v22-osprey-flight-simulator-for-android_0ee9a23faf940a2b95c79914e6a3c80a.jpg I just released a V22 Osprey Flight Simulator. I’ve tried to make the game as much physics accurate as possibl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
navigation2015

Landing lights/taxi lights

Can anyone give me any idea on how I can make my landing lights look clearer when they are shining on the runway and taxiway? It seems that the color looks weird when I turn them on and I have redux shockwave 3D lights...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
navigation2015 on
Kareem

Multiplayer IP Addresses

If you would PLEASE send me an IP address in which many people come, it would be very helpful. Zone, keeps saying I can't connect to its server, and I cant fix it. you can email it to kareem_sadi@hotmail.com....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
nottobe

Color problem

When I launch FSX my Windows 7 rolls back to its basic color scheme, so the scenery looks so bad, colors are patchy. My video card is ATI 7970 3 GB, which I don't think is the cause of the problem. When I shut off FSX W7 reverts back to the normal color ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nottobe

FSX night too bright

FSX night flight does not look realistic, way too bright. Is there any payware or freeware to make the FSX night sky and ground dark? Also the water is way to bright. Thank in advance!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
J. D. Richardson

Cessna Caravan

When I start the engine on the Cessna Caravan it goes into high idle. Even though I have the breaks set it still starts moving. What do I need to do on start up to keep it from doing this. Please give me some pointers....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
J. D. Richardson on
Satish Chandra

Sea Harrier Flight Simulator for Android

We just released a Sea Harrier Flight Simulator. we've tried to make the game as much physics accurate as possible. No IAPs. Just 15 missions with a free fly mode. Check it out. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/39316/sea-harrier-f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Satish Chandra on

FSX Crashes 20 mins in

I have a gaming computer with windows 8.1 on it and i downloaded fsx deluxe edition and installed it. I had also put on service pack 1 and 2 on it which you would usually do. I was playing it for 2 days then there was a problem. Every time i was flying, i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
GaryQ

Scenery (on Homepage) 20 best for 2014

I downloaded two of the sceneries, Barbados and KLAX (Los Angles), Both have buildings and ground traffic as described, and scenery is great, but there is no aircraft, (AI), at the gates or anywhere. Do I need some software to download complete package ??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
GaryQ

Lost all FSX game AI planes.

I have lost all game AI in FSX, however all vehicles, and water craft still present in the percentages asked for. I do not have any imported AI. I am running an AMD 9650 Quad Core with Nvidia 8400GS video card. This is the second time in 6 months. Last ti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
frangollo

FS2004 AM/FM Radio CD Player Gauge

Hi all , I downloaded ... and I have installed in the overhead iFly 737 . Have a problem when low or turn up the volume of the music , while it is lower or raise the volume of FSX. As the volume become independent ? What is the solution? Thank yo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
flybynumbers

A Cessna Flight (250 fps)

Hi, so I announced on various forums with default display settings, and the default cessna that I was getting 1000 FPS. Needless to say I was met with some skepticism so I proceeded to upload a video to youtube demonstrating it. https://www.youtube.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flybynumbers on
britvisc

Gauges ... Cant see them??

Help requested please... Have just downloaded the Viscount V800. Everything looks good in its correct folder. On starting FSX all dials are there but blanked out??? The sound is good. I flew a take off "blind" and everything responds correctly. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
anniesboy68

Livewire Airlines

Are they off line as I am unable to access the site for two days now...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anniesboy68 on
britvisc

After fsx install unable to locate in PC

I installed FSX from the 2 CD pack as instructed. It works fine. I needed to find fsx folder where cfg, a/c, scenery files are to make additions. Ive tried searching and just cannot find the programme. I guess it should be C:/games/fsx. Have tried many...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
hselim

Door openings

there is something strange regarding the door opening and closure e.g I have used the figures and copied the number of exits from the default airbus A321 in Fsx for another airbus A321 the door opening was not the same like in the default though I hav...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hselim on

9 pages with 434 questions.

previous123456789next
Page 4 of 9