General: General Flight Simulation

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Bradagan1

Can't zoom out

😞 For some strange reason I can't zoom out using the F11 key outside of plane. As I zoom out it stops at tail section of the aircraft. Used to work fine. Puzzled....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Enko on
Ian Neil

Searching scenery

Hi Fly Away Simulation How do you search all downloads There doesn't seem to be a search bar anymore If i wanted to search for dublin airport scenery (EIDW) Do i have to search through every page until i find dublin airport scenery Best Regards ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
wilfrano

FS X error code 1-80004005 and activation

Hi Guy's, I am looking for some help with a problem that has occurred after many months of successful use of FSX acceleration. Suddenly, I start getting error code 1-8000 4005, on start up, and the sim shutting down after 30 mins. I have got rid of the e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
wilfrano

Search Box

HI, what happened to the search box, where you could type in a particular A/C type, and go right to it, instead of having to search through lots of A/C types?? Thanks Wilfrano 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wilfrano on
Pedrosi

Excess water over terrain

I often encounter excess water over terrain and especially adjacent to runways. This can cause an aircraft to hit the water and become airborne again. What causes this excess water?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pedrosi on
COguy

Flight Sim setup

I have been looking at purchasing a flight simulator chair and monitor(s) stand as a gift for Christmas. The brands I have reviewed are Next Level and Playseat. Does anyone have one of theses or recommendations on the best setup? Is playing with 3 moni...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
boozybaz on
ralphhome

AI INSTALLER

So, why can't I install WOAI package - "unhandled exception has occurred … The given path is not supported." Win 10, on another drive, NET installed. Should I bother?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Robert Smith

What Happened To FSF?

hello I am wondering what happened to FSF better known as Flight Simulations Forums owned by Greekberet and Greekman? The FSF website seems to be no longer on Internet. Remembered the FSF forums with so many amazing screenshots Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Aircraft livery not showing in window after choosing a/c.

Recently I reinstalled FSX. After cleaning up files. Since the install some of my aircraft, either pay ware or downloaded freeware, the livery doesn’t show up in the initial aircraft selection window. The livery also doesn’t show up when moving into t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Theodore C Vanya

FS 2004 and Windows 7

I purchased FS2004 recently. The disks are in good shape, had no trouble loading on to my Windows 7 laptop. Can not start program Should I be able to run it on W7, if yes, could someone help please what should I do to use it. Thanks Ted...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
dadmalm

FSX Throttle problem

FSX installed in Windows 10 and have a problem with landings. None of my planes show any RPM drop-off when closing the throttle. They continue down the runway and overrun the airport! It also seems that the RPM's should go higher. I didn't have the pr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Adrian.Veale

FS Radio Panel Connection issue

Hi Guys I am using FSX and chose to use the App from Tambucho, FS Radio Panel Pro. This was running perfectly and I was running 2 tablets and two old mobile phones all with different screens to aid my experience. These were working well and operate...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
wilfrano

FSUIPC program

Hi, what is FSUIPC?? Is it a download? Thanks Will....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wilfrano on
Butch Fowler

Mid Field arresting gear causes Take Off crashes

Every time I try to take off at scenery with mid field arresting, my aircraft crash when nose gear hit cross runway cable. If I do not land past cables, the same thing happens on landing. Can these be removed or disabled....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cnovini

Olympic Airlines Old Livery Problems

Hello I have installed the Olympic Airlines Old Livery. I have done the download several times but I am confused of how to get flight sim x to see the Olympic Airlines old livery!. I need assistance. I managed eventually to post this to the fo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
AJG

I can't find my key for FSUIPC - from AJG

Hi there, I have purchased FSUIPC for 12 months.I downloaded and installed it, but cannot find my licence key anywhere.It is not listed in the FSX Modules file where it apparently should be. Can anyone help with this please?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
CRJCapt

Traveling salesman hotel room riddle

This is an old one but some may not have heard it. Three traveling salesman stop at a hotel for the night, they ask how much is a room. The manager says the room is $30. Each man puts a $10 dollar bill on the counter, they get the key and go to the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Darrel.greene on
Edmeister

Missing Missions

I was loading a payware plane, and some how I lost all of the default missions for FSX. The mission folder is there and you can see the missions but FSX cannot access them. I tried copy pasting the missions from FSX that I have stored on a flash drive. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Edmeister on
Edmeister

C-130 flare problem

Hi guys! I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes. I have the payware C130 from Just Flight and have not been able to get any satisfaction from them. I'm having trouble firing the flares, When the icon is push...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Edmeister on
mike673

FSX Gold Accelleration ACTIVATION.

I can ACTIVATE FSX Gold simulator, but it will not give me the window to ACTIVATE FSX Gold "ACCELLERATION", so I only got a 30 minute trial. I have Both product keys FSX and Accelleration. I had to remove Accelleration software and just use the standard F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Just signed up and bought Pro download.

I have just signed up for FlyAwaySimulations, then I subscribed to Pro download. I have received the activation email for my account but when I click and go to the page then click on pro login. PRO Login Login to your PRO account to unlock the many be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
James6 on
Scott Hall

New Cessna 172N Skyhawk II Flight Sim Training on Youtube

Here is the link to access the training: Cessna Skyhawk II Flight Sim Training...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Scott Hall on
Electraman

How do I change the CFG file?

I'm running Win10 with Steam. I'm trying to add the Qantas texture to my Team FS Electra L188. I have no idea how or where to copy and paste to change the CFG. I'm not really that knowledgeably on this and I tend to prefer to get complete packages. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
TKB818

Black Textures

I use Sketchup make 2017 it is a brilliant programme and allows you to build models that fit nicely in your flt sim. However, I have a problem which I have been unable to resolve and hope some of the more experienced scenery Guru's out there can hel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
444Pilot

Getting rid of the default AI airliners when using UT2

I am using Ultimate Traffic 2 and World Of AI add-on traffic in my FSX setup. Yet I am still hearing call-outs to Landmark Airlines. How can I disable all default airliners? I'm keeping the default GA planes. Thanks for your assistance......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Aircraft vanish when forced to wait a few minutes

Hi, How can I stop aircraft waiting to take-off, from vanishing (ie timing out). It's crazy how after a few minutes of waiting at the runway, the aircraft disappear because two aircraft in a row land and delay them a few minutes. Can the wait ti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tippi

D/L of A/C freeware dose not appear.

I have followed the instructions as to applying the folder & other items to FSX-Steam, but the AC does not appear in the selections. Would the security program I have corrupt the D/L? WEBROOT SECURE. TY....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tippi on
Aircraft Shadows

Aircraft Shadows / Surface Illumination

Hi, I have recently repainted the 737-800. All is good except that the aircraft's shadow is now on the same side that the aircraft's surface is being illuminated by the sunlight. Example - in the mid day sun when the sun is above the aircraft, un...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ForeverYoung

Cessna Panel/FSX/FSUIPC some switches not working

Hello, I have a new Cessna Panel Model 1015/2620. I have two switches not working on it. The Master Battery switch does not control my FSX Master Bat switch at all and the other switch is the Pitot Heast switch, it changes my view when its turned on and t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
ForeverYoung

Invalid Key

Ok, I now have a key for FSUIPC but when I go to register and put the Key in it says its a invalid Key. Does anyone out there know how to deal with this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Captain_Midway

FSX is not able to Uninstall

Hi, I was really hoping someone could help me out here. I have the FSX Delux Edition with installed add-ons such as Acceleration and Just flight 737 - 800. About a week back I opened FSX after a month or two and realised the panels went blank. So now I w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Wolpster

Paying for MS Steam Setup Help in Los angeles.

I need to find someone in Los Angeles to come help me set up MS Flight Simulator Steam edition. Help get new airplanes in, scenery in, hardware in, ETC, ETC. Can any one help me find a person to come to my home and set it up for me!!! HELP>...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Flyaway

Dovetail Games Flight Simulator: What do you want to see?

As you all know, Dovetail Games have announced their new Flight Simulator which is based on FSX: https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4799/ We'd love to know what you would like to see in the next simulator the whole community is excited about. What ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fideludo1@gmail.com on

t.flight hotas 4 joystick.

I am not able to get the throttle to work on Virtual Pilot 3d. Can you please help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
COLINR

Anyone tried Condor soaring

Hi guys has anyone else tried Condor soaring, it is a really great gliding sim check out their movie clip on their site, www.condorsoaring.com enjoy 😀 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mikolaj on
Edmeister

How many planes in your hanger

Hi guys! Question for you. Is there a finite number of planes you can keep in your "hanger"? Some of my default planes have disappeared. As always, Thanks for your help, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Edmeister on
Robert81

FSX registry cleaning

I ran the mskb928080 program eactly in accordance with the instructions in the ReadMe file, the command prompt returned: c:\MicrosoftKB928080>resetsldl /a Cleaning up Token Store at: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SLDL\\SoftwareLicensing Failed to delet...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Edmeister

Missing guages on default Fa 18 and Westland helicopter

Hi guys! I was going through my hanger the other day, and I noticed my guages were missing on my default FA 18 Hornet and my Westland helicopter. I obviously did something wrong. How do I get my guages back? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Edmeister on
barry1013

Activating FSX through Activation Desk

I have the PC version of FSX to install on a windows 7 machine. It must be activated thru Microsoft to play. Microsoft activation desk closed years ago. There's no one to contact, so there must be a patch or something that would correct this problem. A "P...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nichos

Flight Management Automation

Hi, I used to use for help the FMA's forum but cannot locate it now. If any body uses this forum please let me know how to find it. ...thnax ....nick...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
danmc84

FMC flightplan issue

I have scrolled through looking for a soloution to this problem but cant see to find anything ,I'm using the QW 757-200, I create my flightplan through fsx flight planner and once I'm in the cockpit and select my FMC the following happens,i select 'LOAD ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
danmc84 on
Emiel Bins

plz help my sim automaticoly goes up to 4x speed

plz help my sim automaticoly goes up to 4x speed this is driving me crazy in long haul flights...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
bushranger51

Lost product key for FSX Acceleration Expnsion pack

Can anyone help me? I've reinstalled FSX on my laptop and wish to load the acceleration pack, but the problem is I have lost the card containing the product key for the acceleration pack. Is there anyway of geting around this, or do I have to forego the p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Theofly

F35 is installed and in "select aircraft" but shut

So as far as I can gather I have put the correct extracted folders into their respective folders in FSX and the F35 that I downloaded from Fly Away is in the "select menu" in FSX but when I select it, FSX shuts down completely. Any help please...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
T28 Download

Exhaust flame

Many thanks for your prompt reply The effects downloaded file with the T28 is for the single exhaust aircraft, however there is an attached page for the T28 exhaust flame system. Three outlets either side. How do I install the T28 exh. flame file conte...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
T28 Trojan Download

Exhaust flame problem

Hi. I copy and paste the exhaust flame download to the effects file,but it doesn`t function. Can you please help? Regards, Glenn. 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Glenn Williamson

Grass runway at Brits Airport, North West, South Africa.

Is it possible to upgrade this grass runway to asphalt? MFSX / MFSX Acceleration Expansion Pack. Thank You, Glenn....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
wilfrano

Iris F4 Phantom guages are blank.

I have downloaded the Iris F4 Phantom. I have followed the instruction to copy and paste the main file into FSX aircraft, and also the guages and effects into their repective FSX files. Everything works except the main instrument IFR guages which are bla...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
glen72

Rekative Movement

I am using a Matrox box to show the outside view across three monitors. The speed over the ground as the airplane flies looks to be very slow. It was OK with just the one monitor. I had this problem once before and was told the fix, something in the FS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
av8or2128mh

Making thumbnails and screen shots

Need input !!! On how to make thumbnails and or screen shots? Can't find info/data on how to do this!!! Simple explanation, or where to find tutorial?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

9 pages with 434 questions.

previous123456789next
Page 3 of 9